Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 12:33 AM

Hey everyone...I am going on Carnival Liberty on Wednesday and I am wondering about calling cards.

I have no idea what to get and how much on the cards. I have seen international calling cards with $25 on them..How many minutes of calling back to the US will that get me?

I dont plan on calling every darn day..but I do want to check in at home and beable to talk for a few minutes at a time. My wife will also be calling home.

I have no idea how much money needs to be on a card and how many cards i need. Like I said, I am leaving very soon and any quick help would be great appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 AM

You need to buy the calling card in the country you are calling from - in other words, you can't buy a calling card here to use in Jamaica to call back to the US.

When you disembark at the various ports, you can find stores that sell calling cards - use one of them to call home. The rates will vary from country to country. The card itself should tell you how much the "connection charge" (the bong charge) is and the tariff. Go to a payphone, follow the instructions and talk until you've used it up - that's the best way to get your money's worth.

Also, check with your mobile phone carrier to see what the charge would be and whether they have agreements in the countries you'll be visiting.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Or even check with your Long Distance carrier about getting a calling card. AT&T is fairly universal in having access numbers in countries. Most can tell you what the rates for each port would be (since you know youw itinerary). Most providers don't charge you for a calling card.

The other thing to consider if you DO buy the international calling per paid cards is if you don't use the entire amount (say $10 is left on it), you can always give it to a crew member at the end of the cruise as an "extra" tip. They can always make use of it.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, calling, card, cards, caribbean, carnaval, carnival, cruise, international, line, norwegian, phone, royal, type, what