Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Are shorts & tshirts acceptable in the Dining Room for lunch & breakfast?

(by the way - THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your insight!)
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Absolutely. Dress codes are relaxed for both meals. Many pax will be dressed in shorts and Ts.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 AM

The only time we had a problem at breakfast was when my son (40 yrs old) wore a t-shirt with no sleeves. It wasn't a shabby shirt, but they turned him away. He ended up just going up to Lido deck for the buffet breakfast.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Although they stopped my son when he was wearing the sleeveless t-shirt, there is no problem with women wearing tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, etc. in the dining room during breakfast and lunch.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by retiredcruiser:
Although they stopped my son when he was wearing the sleeveless t-shirt, there is no problem with women wearing tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, etc. in the dining room during breakfast and lunch.
It probably would have been different if he had shaved his underarms.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Administrator

As I was curious about the tank tops (as some lines do prefer that they are not worn in the DR at any time), I checked the Carnival Web site. Was I surprised to see this:

FAQ - Dining Room Attire

"NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner."

I doubt that Carnival means that bathing attire may be permitted in the DR during other meals -- but that's how it sounds.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:24 AM

Dave, you're right, but I have a sneaky feeling he would have "hit the ceiling" if I'd suggested that !!

LisaP, I've gone to breakfast & lunch with shorts & tank top myself, and I don't remember anyone coming in bathing suit/coverup. If you're wearing a bathing suit, and don't want to change, lunch and breakfast is also available on Lido deck. You can even pick it up and take it back to your deck chair so you don't miss out on "getting rays".
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM

My girls (teen and pre teen) have gone into the DR for lunch in their bathing suits with their cover ups on, but I have never seen anyone in ONLY a bathing suit. I think the staff would ask them to eat on the lido deck.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Please don't get me wrong... I'm neither advocating bathing attire in the DR nor planning on dressing that way myself.

I just thought it odd.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

It was mentioned on another thread that during breakfast and lunch one of the ships was "herding" people together to fill tables in the dining room for seating. They did that to us twice on Pride last week. I'm not sure if this is a new venue for all ships or just certain ones. We were seated with elderly couples who were complete dullards. Very proper, if you will. I wanted to jump overboard. It makes for a very uncomfortable meal forcing yourself to have conversation with people who you wouldn't even socialize with back at home. My husband and I agreed, NEVER AGAIN. On the morning of debarkation we always like to enjoy our last sit down breakfast in style. We went to the Normandie d.r. and requested a table for 4. They honored our request. We did notice other people being seated together for convenience sake.

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, caribbean, carnival, code, cruise, dining, dress, eat, liberty, lunch, meals, my, room, royal, seas, time