Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Holiday Sold? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/25677-holiday-sold.html)

Dave 06-04-2007 02:16 PM

A group which booked through my agent just returned from the Holiday. They said it was reported on the ship that Carnival has sold the Holiday and will be replacing her in the Mobile market with another ship. No word on what that ship is.

Anyone heard anything?

TrvlPro 06-04-2007 02:19 PM

I usually get this kind of info quicky, nothing yet on this but I knew they were planning on modernizing their fleet by retiring/selling some of the older ships as they added the new ones to their fleet. NCL is doing the same but more aggressively. I understand they (NCL) will have the newest fleet in the industry by early 2009.

Cheers, Neil

Dave 06-04-2007 02:26 PM

Neil,

On the Holiday in March the CD alluded to the Holiday being moved and a new ship coming to Mobile. I knew then that the end was near for the Holiday. In one way I hate it, because I really like the Holiday. But in another way I am happy because we'll probably get a Fantasy-class vessel in Mobile which means a better cruise experience and a larger market. Mobile is a great cruise port. They have the best operation I have yet to experience.

TrvlPro 06-04-2007 02:31 PM

You seriously loved the Holiday? When I've read the posts praising her and Celebration I've always been tempted to post unflattering things based on reports I get regularly but since I've sailed neither ship I didn't and won't now. Perhaps like oysters, she's an aquired taste.

Cheers, Neil

Dave 06-04-2007 02:33 PM

Holiday is what cruising used to be...and a fun ship! Intimate, great food (best I've had on a Carnival ship), a staff that you can actually get to know since it isn't as large a staff, etc. No, it isn't glitzy in the modern sense but it is clean and a great cruise for the money.

Dave 06-04-2007 02:34 PM

Neil,

I've been on the Holiday for three 5-day cruises since 2003! I loved each of them!

TrvlPro 06-04-2007 02:38 PM

I was never tempted to sail CCL's older ships but you make it sound very appealing. Now I wish they were keeping her. I have a brother near Nawlins (New Orleans for those of you not in this region of the country) and could have driven to the pier. Just never wanted to until now. I always though your posts about her were tongue in cheek. Live and learn!

Cheers, Neil

LisaP 06-04-2007 03:47 PM

No!!!! I haven't had my chance to experience the ship yet.

I hope she finds a good home.

macmom111 06-04-2007 06:21 PM

I hate to see the HOliday gone. We loved our cruises on her. We have taken one a year for the last 4 yrs. She is older but absolutely the best cruise for the money. Sailed on the Celebration also, they may be the same age but you know, like people, they dont all age equally. Not sad to see the Celebration gone but certainly will miss the Holiday.

PA Steve Rocky Mount 06-04-2007 07:37 PM

Dave and Neil...

I'll give you an unbiased opinion in 2 weeks.

Mostly what I"VE heard is that Holiday and Celebration are in 2 different classes...figuratively. I keep hearing wonderful things about Holiday. Looking forward to it.