Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 08:01 AM

Just look for us if you have any questions on the cruise! LOL HAA HAA

What deck did you say you are on for your room?

Glory 06/05
Fantasy 04/04
Sensation 09/03
Victory 06/02
Victory 12/01
Fantasy 06/00
Fantasy 04/99
Big Red Boat 06/93
Old 04-21-2005, 08:09 AM

quote:
What deck did you say you are on for your room?

Lido Deck

Thanks!

first cruise - June 4th - Carnival Glory
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM

OK, this might be a really stupid concern, but here goes:

I honestly don't like water or boats. I would never choose a cruise. My mother in law arranged this for the entire family (her gift, very generous) following the death of my father in law in February. There was no way I could say no!

So, my questions:
How close can you get to the edge of the boat? Is there ANY chance of falling over? (Don't laugh!) What about our balcony in our cabin? I have such a terrible fear of my 4 year old slipping over the side!

Silly newbie here, I know...

Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM

Hey, Moses Family, we will be on the Glory leaving on June 4. This is the 2nd time on this ship. We loved it. Old Glory is the atrium, I believe. I don't think that you will have to worry about your 4 year old. The rails and wind blocks are very closed in. Anyway, you will love it.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:46 PM

One advantage of the cruise you are on is that there are lots of activities to keep you occupied and keep your mind off the water! The balconies do have "wind blocks" (for lack of a better term) so your child will not fall through; however, make sure that he/she knows that climbing on the railing is NOT a good idea - ever!! If he or she wants to see over the railing, an adult can hold them up away from the railing, so as not to give the idea that climbing on it is ok.

My advice: relax and enjoy. Your child will be able to enjoy other children in Camp Carnival, and you can enjoy being waited on, pampered, etc. For a week you don't have to cook, clean, or even make your bed - that's luxury in my book! And on top of that, you get entertainment, a pool to hang out by, different ports to sample - and food to sample too. Be adventurous; if you see something on the menu you have always heard about and wanted to try, order it. If you find you don't like it, it's no big deal to order something else instead. No extra charge and no questions asked!

Have a wonderful time! Who knows - you may end up being hooked on cruising!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 AM

quote:
How close can you get to the edge of the boat? Is there ANY chance of falling over? (Don't laugh!) What about our balcony in our cabin? I have such a terrible fear of my 4 year old slipping over the side!

HONEST ANSWER? Yes you are on the edge of the boat if you choose all the time all the way around. Your balcony will over look the water, if you were to fall off you would land in the water or if you were floundering around you might end up on a below balcony. The balconies aren't built into the ship they are built off.

Glory 06/05
Fantasy 04/04
Sensation 09/03
Victory 06/02
Victory 12/01
Fantasy 06/00
Fantasy 04/99
Big Red Boat 06/93
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 PM

To be honest I was a little fearful of that with my kids ages 9,10, & 11 and asked them to not look over the rail while we weren't out there. They are taller and would hang over a little to look out. I really could not imagine any way a four year old could slip through and they definitley aren't big enough to look over. Just watch them on the ship like you do at home and you'll be fine!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 05-08-2005, 04:12 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Newtexan:
"Old Glory is the atrium, I believe. "

I think that they refer to the "Old Glory" as the area from the atrium that extends all the way up to the Lido deck. It is marked by a bunch of different colors and designs.
Anyway, if the previous poster was concerned that it is a noisy club or something -- its not! I just got off the Glory, also staying on Deck 9 (Lido) and what you'll find on that deck are the pool, open areas, and restaurants!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:21 AM

SIX DAYS TO GO!!!

I just got home from a little pre-cruise shopping spree! I decided my husband needed something fun to wear, not just solid color polo shirts and khaki pants! Of course, I slipped a few things in for myself as well!

FUN!

Old 06-11-2005, 02:34 PM

WE ARE HOME!!! I am SO tired! That was a lot of fun, but there is no place like home.

I think that I like cruises (minus the sea sickness!), but I honestly don't think I'll do Carnival again - just not my style.

Our favorite stop was Cozumel where we went to Chakannab (sp?) national park. That was wonderful!

Kim - did you have a good time?

Closed Thread

Tags
9274, balconies, balcony, cabin, carnival, chance, cruise, deck, falling, fell, glory, lido, like, reviews, ship