Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 AM

we are trying to get our stuff together for our sept cruise. this is our first 7 day.
I know that carnival has changed the dress code for formal night but i was wondering if the 2nd formal night is less formal then the first, and do women wear the same gown the 2nd night or something different. I personally love the "dressing up". we do it so little in our lives now.
But with luggage limited on the airplanes (I am not going to pay for a 2nd check bag) I want to make sure we pack wisely.
thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Administrator

One is no different than the other as far as level of dress.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm sure there are a lot of people that wear the same outfit for both formal nights. A nice black dress with different colored shawls makes it look like different outfits.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM

We just got back from a 7 day western carib. on Sunday. We had 2 different outfits for the "prom" nights, but we didn't have to fly. I doubt if anyone other than your tablemates would notice if you wore the same thing twice. First formal we went all out, 2nd formal we were more relaxed. By then I didn't really care that my husband and kids were in wrinkled shirts. Also the 2nd formal night for us was the same night as a port day (Gr. Cayman). So that second night most people were still dressed nice but not as nice as the first formal night. There were some people who looked spectacular every night...like the people in the Carnival commercials!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 PM

Welcome back, Pegasus!

I tend to dress up more for the first one. They are both the same though as far as what is expected. I have worn the same thing twice, and just changed my tie. It is easier for us guys.

Dwayne
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 PM

My husband and son wore their kilts for formal nights. I thought the kilts would be easy to pack but those things have lots of pleats and about 3 times more material than pants. I'm not going to say "never again" because they enjoyed the attention, but I'm not carrying the garment bag that has the kilts, again.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks so much. perfect answer...will take a gown for the first one and not so fancy but still very nice for the 2nd one...
Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 PM

I've read on one of the threads before that you can buy a pretty shawl/cover-up on board. I expected to find something in the shops (Conquest) but only found some scarves...nothing to really cover your arms with. So.... bring your own shawl or nice cardigan. One night I saw a lady in her fancy dress, perfect hair-do, nice jewelry and a beach towel draped around her. I went back to the room and got my beach towel.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Yes, I think the first formal night is "meet the Captain night", and most people dress real nice for that.

My friend and I like to dress up "every night", so we just didn't dress quite as fancy as we did the first formal night. We may have been out of place, but we received a lot of compliments, because we dress very nice every night.

brneyes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Sport coat and tie the first formal night and a nice dress shirt and slacks for me on the 2nd night....my wife wears the same outfit both nights with different shawls.....Who really cares if you wear the same thing twice....It's your cruise:-)....Happy cruising...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
2nd, black, carnival, carribbean, cruise, dress, fancy, formal, nice, night, nights, nite, royal, shawl, wear