Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 AM

I think it is also important for people to know that the website that is listed in the original post is NOT the US Government's Consumer Affairs Wesite. It is a commercial website. I am not trying to insult anyone, but I just want people who may go on that website to know what they are really looking at.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
All I can say is that I have never encountered any of the problems listed, and it is important to note that these only tell one side of the story - which is biased and not objective. I'd have more faith in a website which also included the cruise line's responses to allegations made by passengers. And the key word there is "allegation" since there is no proof, only words on a website that caters to people with complaints.

Assuming they are true, a lot of the listed complaints are not even Carnival's fault. I really get tired of reading the ones from those who get on their social high horse and proclaim the crew as indentured servants who are being screwed by the cruise line. I truly hope the don't take another cruise. I don't want these clowns on my cruise! They ruin it for everyone else.
I read a good sampling of the complaint list and I also have not encountered any of the issues I read about. My daughter, the carnival dancer, talks a great deal in private with me about things she doesn't like with Carnival and seems tuned in to what is going on and I have never heard from her about any of this type of problem and she has been on more cruises than probably any of us. I have had some very small problems but nothing like what is being claimed at this site. I wonder what the motive is.

BTW, most of her complaints are the same that any employee has of a corporation with 30,000 employees. They are treated more as a number than a person. But when it comes to treating guests the Corporation is much better.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 PM

CAN YOU SAY DRAMA QUEENS? Of course Carnival is going to have more compaints than any other line, they carry more passengers than any other line. Paying gratuities twice? Thats between your TA and you! No BABY formula on board? Cut me a break, you should have planned better! Things missing from your room? I have left cash money laying on my desk, in open view,and never have had a problem. As we always say, you can't please everyone. Someone, somehow, somewhere,will find fault in any service oriented situation. I noticed a few food compaints on that web site also-personally, I have never experienced "BAD" food on a Carnival ship,only, as with the cruise itself, some better than others. I guess I'm just not as picky as other people. All I know is I can't wait for the next one-5 months-feels like a lifetime!!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 PM

Sorry, but I got a good laugh reading the complaints on that site. I realize some people have BAD things happen, but things most of us consider an inconvenience, or SHOCKER, accept responsibility of our own actions. I have watched many people just behave badly, and then whine because they are not "taken care of." I agree, some people are just looking for a free ride.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 11-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

Some of the funniest things I have read are true examples of the whining that Cruise Directors have to put up with.

One old lady was "giving a Cruise Director the business" complaining about any and everything....until her husband walked up and told her to shut up. He told the Cruise Director that if there was an Olympic Event for complaining...she would be the all time world champion. Then the husband drug her off...still complaining!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM

I too have a huge complaint that I may want to post....I am sitting her knee deep in snow, searching for a cruise to hold me through till March, now THATS something to complain about. I hate complainers. Just stay at home. It will free up more cabins for all of us who will do anything to jump on board.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Leigh I agree with you! I read through the entire thing and only found two possible legitimate complaints. I have heard a few doozies at the Purser's desk as well. I have had to strain to keep my mouth shut a few times. It was a funny read as has been noted, and quite entertaining.

Dwayne
Old 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM

I know Iím bringing back an old thread, but I just got the chance to look at it. I had to put my 2cents worth in.
Most of the complaints are stupid! Can you imagine complaining about wheelchairs and walkers or too many kids? Guess you need to be 25-50 to cruise.
Silly Silly
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 AM

I've found there are two kinds of cruisers, actually I guess there are two kinds of people in general. There are cruisers who go and ecpect a great vacation and that's what they find, things go wrong occasionally but they don't focus on those things. They focus on how great the overall experience is and can't wait to cruise again.

Then there are those who seem to look at a cruise and the world for things to complain and be miserable about. If their food is cold for one meal, their cruise is ruined. If their tea glass isn't filled when they ran out, their waiter was horrible.

When you read posts and reviews it's usually easy to distinguish between the two. There are sometimes bad experiences for those in the first group and legitimate issues that come up. But anytime I read a post or review where everything about the experience is nothing but trivial and endless complaining I pretty much disregard it and consider it a case of the latter type of person. It must be horrible to go through life expecting and always finding only the negatives.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 AM
^^^^^
Can say it better TRVLPRO,
Last night I was surfing the net
I came across with some Bad reviews on Carnival Destiny,
some people were telling it was an horrible cruise because the food was bad, no service at all, no room service,the cleanning etc.

Also they "discover" that the Puertoricans just pay half money for everything:

* half money -cruise of 7 days

* Half money-on tours

just to fill the ship,
I just have to say " I am from Puerto Rico please tell me where to buy the cruise!!!"

Just to clarify,
that's not true
I have to pay full prices on tours and the cruise trip like you do in USA
that's the case for everyone here on PR unless you are lucky and for some reason someone cancel their trip and you book it on a last minute cruise...
So be carefull not everything on a review can be usefull

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, carnaval, carnival, complaints, complant, cpmlaints, critic, cruise, cruises, line, lines, princess, robbery, site, stupid