Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 AM

I don't know why they say these stupid things. It is not true. Everyone pays the same for shore excursions and everything on board. They do offer Resident Rates for certain regions and certain sailings. They are not half price of the going rate.

I agree with Neil too. If someone is a negative type person, they will complain about anything. They find one thing wrong..and there they go looking after that. Nothing will be right then!

Most folks that are happy don't post reviews. More often the complainer's do. It is really not a fair comparison when reading reviews.

I would look for subjective reviews, good points and bad points. And dis-regard any reviews that are totally negative.

Dwayne
Old 12-10-2007, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyFL:
I just happened to stumble into a website loaded with passengers' complaints against Carnival Cruise Lines, and thought you might care to know...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/trave...uise_lines.htm

BTW, it also list complaints against many others cruise lines as well.
I also checked out the other cruise lines and it seems everyone of them has complaints. That's why I think no matter how good a job someone does, there will always be some people who find fault with it. I remember when we were living in Europe, listening to other Americans complain about how things "were not like back home". It never occurred to them part of being in a foreign country is things not being like at home. Was not ever intended to be but people still complain.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:31 AM

WOW! It's like reading horror stories!
I guess you can never be too careful.

Sonny
Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 AM

I think most of those people that put in their complaints are just looking to get something for nothing. This happens in every day life with a lot of people. I know a woman who goes to all the sites to complain about products she has bought and by the way used. Then complains about the product and gets hoards of coupons for free things in the mail. Wow to be that bored with life must be a chore. Most of the complainers about the cruises dont know how lucky they are to be able to cruise and enjoy a vacation. Sometimes there are ligitamate complaints and we can all understand that. Most are unfortunate but surely not done on purpose. I believe that if the complaints are deserving that the cruise staff would do all they can to make your cruise enjoyable. I for one could not find enough wrong with a cruise to be so rude as some of these people have been. I won a cruise in 1999. Gosh how lucky was i to do that and go for free. All expenses paid. Mind you we didnt get the suite we were told we had won but we did get a cabin with a window and we enjoyed it. A suite would have been nicer but hey it was free so i just let it go. I had a great time and a wonderful vacation. Baring hurrican mitch that is ha ha ha. But still enjoyable. Of course there will be glitches on any vacation but never enough to make it as bad as some say. My favorite complaint was the guy who told his wife to shut up toooo funny. Getting an award for complaining im sure his cruise was not as good after that comment but koodos to him. Life is too short to complain all the time like some love to do. Maybe they should go get a life and realize that being able to vacation is not available to everyone and they should consider themselves priviledged to be able to. Taking care of 3000 on a ship is a taxing job im sure. So instead of complaining maybe a metal should be given to those poor employees who put up with it. Just my opinion. Looking forward to my 15 days on Diamond to hawaii complaints and all. HA HA

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Administrator

The food complaints always annoy me. People think that the ship is supposed to cook everything exactly the way "they" like it when the galley has to put out food that appeals to 2000+ passengers. I guess I am more understanding of this fact from my 10+ years of active military duty.

I've certainly never gone hungry on a cruise!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Dave,

Some of the best chow I ever ate was in a Marine Corps chow hall; could it be the appetite I mustered up during training? You'll never hear me complain about food while on a ship.

Sonny
Old 12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator

I think breakfast was the best, but then there was that great meal of spaghetti and pizza we had for dinner on rifle qual day. I still remember it! After boot camp it got better. Great omelets, stuffed with just about everything.

I think it is true that many of the cooks on cruise ships - especially at the buffets - use the same basic recipes and techniques used by military cooks. I am quite sure that many of the Filipino cooks on cruise ships are former U.S. Navy cooks.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Dave,

Some of the best chow I ever ate was in a Marine Corps chow hall; could it be the appetite I mustered up during training? You'll never hear me complain about food while on a ship.

Sonny
Yep, you were hungry...

anyway, everyone knows Air Force "dinning Halls" are the best....
Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 PM

We were at a table with a lady who was a friend of a friend. There she was the first night complaining about her melting chocolate cake being too much like soup. There was apparantly a bit of cake on the top and melted chocolate under neath. Hence the name. After realizing everyones was like that, she ordered it every night.
I couldn't resist though after she made such a fuss over it though, to bitch a little about no syrup and all cake in mine one night. My wife almost shot her drink out her nose.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 PM

That is funny! We had a table of eight many years ago. The was a young newlywed couple, and the new bride complained about everything every night! She would order things not on the menu and then say they were not cooked right, or they were too this or that. I could tell the new husband was embarrased, and the entire table was as well. She was so annoying, and ran the waiter and busboy ragged. I felt sorry for the young groom being married to her, and for the staff that had to endure her. Everyone else's food was great all week. When we would see the other tablemates out and about they all said the same thing..I hope she doesn't come to dinner tonight!

And you can guess it! The last night (tip night back then) they did not show up. The rest of us felt so bad for the staff that we all agreed to chip in extra to cover it. Since the waiter and busboy then knew we all felt the same, the opened up and shook their heads about her. They thanked us profusely and apologized that we were seated with her. Apparently the word in the dining room had gotten around about her, a few minutes later the waiter and maitre'd came back with a bottle of wine..compliments of the staff they said! At least we all, including the staff got to laugh at her rediculous behavior, and enjoy a nice glass of wine while doing it.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, carnaval, carnival, complaints, complant, cpmlaints, critic, cruise, cruises, line, lines, princess, robbery, site, stupid