Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote-
Be sure you don't complain to loudly about a cruise line on this board! If you do you will get locked up! You must be P.C. at all times when it come to the crusie lines here! I thought the reason myself and the others went to war was so we and all Americans could have freedom of speech! Not so, don't believe it!

We all have complaints sometimes, and share them on this board. But as cruise-lovers, we also see the absurdity of some complaints.
Mr Stanton, if we didn't share information on this board, many of us would not learn how to make the next cruise an even better one.

That said, understanding that many cannot afford such a vacation, and those of us who work hard so we can....APPRECIATE those who service us, and most times receive apreciation in return.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
Be sure you don't complain to loudly about a cruise line on this board! If you do you will get locked up! You must be P.C. at all times when it come to the crusie lines here! I thought the reason myself and the others went to war was so we and all Americans could have freedom of speech! Not so, don't believe it!
Doesn't freedom of speech include accepting opinions that differ from your own? You've voiced plenty of differing opinions here and so have I. I'm still here and so are you. I'd say that varying opinions are well tolerated here as long as, as Dave said they are within the guidelines of of decency and other acceptable rules of the board. Peolpe regularly disagree here as in the non-cyber world.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
Hey Thomas, do you serve cheese with your whine? Geez, get a grip! Tiz the season to be jolly...

Sonny
Old 12-14-2007, 07:58 PM

What I find interesting is that everyone is extremely quick to say that these complaints are not real or objective. Many times, people have legitimate complaints and these things actually do happen to them. Trust me, weird things do happen. Now, with that said, some of the complaints on the website are rather silly and many of these people should have planned better, but that is how people are in this world AND you do have the right to complain about things you feel are complaint worthy. I have had no issues concerning our cruise and we are going to Cozumel on the 27th of December because we had such a great time in June going to the Bahamas. I will say that the food on the ship was good, but not great. Overall, there were lots of choices and I always was happy with the taste and presentation, but it wasn't fantastic, just really good. I truly enjoyed it and will in the future as cruising is the only vacations we will take from now on due to the value and fun of the whole trip. ANYWAY!
Old 12-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator

The thing with cruise ship food is people have this Love Boat idea that it is 5-star cuisine, when they ought to realize that isn't possible when they are feeding 2000+ passengers at each meal. It is banquet cuisine - good and sometimes excellent - but not dinner at Wolfgang Puck's.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
The thing with cruise ship food is people have this Love Boat idea that it is 5-star cuisine, when they ought to realize that isn't possible when they are feeding 2000+ passengers at each meal. It is banquet cuisine - good and sometimes excellent - but not dinner at Wolfgang Puck's.
That is an excellent example. When giving my opinion to my friends about Carnival...I always tell them it is not 5 star, but you do get your money's worth. And since most folks work hard for their dollar...getting a good value is important to them. I do tell them though to be realistic. We just cruised on the Holiday for 3 people on Empress OV (6D) for 5 days for less than $1,000. I pay more per day than that for a hotel room. So while it was not our "best" cruise, we still got our money's worth!!
Old 12-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Value is the word! Especially with the older ships since deals can be found if you can cruise at the right time. I love the Holiday but obviously it can't compare to the new ships. But for a short cruise within driving distance, it is a super value with a great staff and service. Carnival has always delivered a cruise that I felt was worth what I paid.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, carnaval, carnival, complaints, complant, cpmlaints, critic, cruise, cruises, line, lines, princess, robbery, site, stupid