Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:06 PM

I just happened to stumble into a website loaded with passengers' complaints against Carnival Cruise Lines, and thought you might care to know...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/trave...uise_lines.htm

BTW, it also list complaints against many others cruise lines as well.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Administrator

All I can say is that I have never encountered any of the problems listed, and it is important to note that these only tell one side of the story - which is biased and not objective. I'd have more faith in a website which also included the cruise line's responses to allegations made by passengers. And the key word there is "allegation" since there is no proof, only words on a website that caters to people with complaints.

Assuming they are true, a lot of the listed complaints are not even Carnival's fault. I really get tired of reading the ones from those who get on their social high horse and proclaim the crew as indentured servants who are being screwed by the cruise line. I truly hope the don't take another cruise. I don't want these clowns on my cruise! They ruin it for everyone else.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Very amusing reading. I read a few and love people that don't know a "boat" from a "ship". This happens to be from the Consumer Affairs website and you can do a search of any other cruise line and find complaints.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

For the record, I just changed the title of this thread from "CARNIVAL HORROR STORIES" to something a little less dramatic.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM

I must also add that these complaints, (assuming they happen to be true and correct), only represent a very small percentage of the thousands, if not millions, positive cruise lines passenger experiences each year.

Overall, I am sure the vast majority of cruise lines passengers enjoy a great cruise without any shortcomings, as this site, and many others, can give faith.

That said, it is good to know there are websites out there where you can go in and vent your complaints, frustations, and gripes, when others don't seem to care.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Andy,

You are quite correct that these represent a small number of the total volume of passengers. As with many things, since Carnival is the biggest player in the business they get the most complaints. But looking at their repeat business I think it is fair to say that they must be doing it right...at least in the opinion of so many repeat passengers like me!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I still believe that there is no such thing as a BAD cruise...some are just BETTER than others...Geez, some people's kids:-)....they wouldn't know a GOOD time if it bit them in the
buttocks....:-)...Happy Cruising to one and all.

Bob E
Old 11-26-2007, 05:35 PM

We had a minor problem on our last Carnival Cruise. We stopped by the Purser Desk spoke to them about the problem. A few weeks after our Cruise a person from Carnival called and talked about the problem.
I think Carnival did a great job at fixing the problem and more than we wanted.
All we really wanted was to have the person setting up the lounge chairs on the aft deck to do it a little later or quieter. (We know it could be quieter because we have been in the same area before without a problem).

Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Some people are just "Nuts" and would complain about just about everything. They also are looking to get something for free and they think that the cruise line should give them hundreds of dollars back on their cruise for some minor inconvenience.

In another post, I pointed out that I read several complaints from people who claimed that the portion sizes at dinner were too small and that they saw numerous people in the buffet after dinner who needed more. Can you believe that?

Craziness.

Brad

Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Banned

I love the one where the TA did not pay the tips that they "pre-paid" and that is Carnival's fault??? And now the folks won't talk to the TA who messed up????

Ron White is correct..
you can't fix stupid!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, carnaval, carnival, complaints, complant, cpmlaints, critic, cruise, cruises, line, lines, princess, robbery, site, stupid