Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2003, 06:16 AM

Hi-Am new to this site and wondered if anyone could tell me what they experienced when traveling with their medications. I've gotten different answers and would like to know before my husband and I get to the airport on 4/19. We have always used one of those 7-day pill containers, but with the heightened security at the airports, I've heard you need to carry your meds in the actual bottles. Well, between the two of us we have about 10 bottles! And some are big!! Can anyone shed some light on how you handled this situation. Will appreciate any info. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:16 AM

Hi-Am new to this site and wondered if anyone could tell me what they experienced when traveling with their medications. I've gotten different answers and would like to know before my husband and I get to the airport on 4/19. We have always used one of those 7-day pill containers, but with the heightened security at the airports, I've heard you need to carry your meds in the actual bottles. Well, between the two of us we have about 10 bottles! And some are big!! Can anyone shed some light on how you handled this situation. Will appreciate any info. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:09 AM

My wife and I do not carry as many meds as you say you would carry, however we do need to take several different kinds of meds with us. We do take our meds in the bottles they came in. Perhaps you could talk to your pharmacy about having some smaller bottles to carry just what you need. We also have a letter from our Doctors office that we take with us explaining that what meds we do need to take.

I will also add that we have only had to show this information once but than thats all it takes is for them to stop you and check you once for a problem to arise. Our letter and the bottles that the medicine came in got us through without problems.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:37 PM

I actually still use the 7-day box, but PEB's advice is good. The doctor's note and labels from your pill bottles might be enough. Anyone else have an opinion on that?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:55 PM

We fly all the time, and never have had the pills questioned. The reason that they say to have a list from the Doctor, is if you should become ill and not be able to tell the Doctor what you are taking, the list will be readily available. We're going to Hawaii next week, and I just bought a large 7 day box, where I'll put a 2 week supply of meds, as well a weeks supply in my normal box. I always take an extra week along, just in case we don't make it back on time. Security is considerably better now that the professional security has taken it over. Just don't carry scissors, razors, tweezers, nail files, or clippers in your carry on. That will guarantee you'll get your bags opened, and you would be more suspect for anything in there.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:10 AM

Actually, clippers are ok now. I have a pair w/o a nail file on them, and they have not been questioned the last couple times I traveled (but they were a year ago.) Sue's right about the other things - no scissors, metal nail files (emery boards are ok), things that are sharp like that. Pencils & pens are ok though (let's hope they stay that way), and amazingly enough, so are knitting needles, though I don't know that I'd chance that.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:45 AM

I work at a hospital were we get alot of out of town Patients. What we do is often make them up a Doset (this is the seven day pill dispenser with differnet times) OUr pharmicy will acutally put the label of the meds on the back of the pills with DR. name pharmicy where you go them dosage and times to take. Really handy. They might charge you 5 bucks if you have your own or they sometimes will lend you one. However i would suggest you take some extras you never know when you might drop some in the sink or something.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, cruise, cruiseship, dispensers, medications, meds, pill, security, traveling