Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
When we last sailed on the Miracle (spirit Class) our friends were in the most aft inside cabins on deck 8 and it was noisy, No reasonable answer was provided. Lois and I are now considering a suite deck 4 in one of the suites across the back on the Legend, also a Spirit Class. Does anyone have experience with noise in this section. The price is very attractive for a suite, I have to wonder if something is wrong with this area.
Any Help?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 PM

The most aft inside cabins on Deck 8 are directly under the aft pool and lido deck. Probably noise from chairs being moved and the pool/spa pumps. The aft Suites on Deck 4 look like they have the aft Dining Room under them. I wouldn't think you'd have a lot of noise from that after dinner times. I've had friends stay in the Deck 4 aft view Extended Balconies and they didn't mention any noise problems. They did mention the gorgeous view.

Dwayne
Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 AM

We just got back from being on the Miracle. We had an extended balcony in the middle on the 8th floor. I can tell you most definitely, Dwayne is absolutely correct about the chair noise. Even where we were you could hear it constantly from early morning into late night hours. Although the extended balconies are very nice it was definitely not worth what we paid to hear the constant noise.
Other than the noise, it was a great cruise and we have already booked another. We took advantage of the 100.00 OBC, and also received 2 vouchers for 200.00 ONC if we have friends that want to join us on the same cruise. Not sure if that is something new or not. We also bought another 100.00 certificate for a future cruise.

I also agree with Dwayne that the the Aft deck 4 suites shouldn't be a problem from what I had seen but I can tell you that when you look down on them from above you can see part of the balconies, but again this was on the miracle.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
The most aft inside cabins on Deck 8 are directly under the aft pool and lido deck. Probably noise from chairs being moved and the pool/spa pumps. The aft Suites on Deck 4 look like they have the aft Dining Room under them. I wouldn't think you'd have a lot of noise from that after dinner times. I've had friends stay in the Deck 4 aft view Extended Balconies and they didn't mention any noise problems. They did mention the gorgeous view.

Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne, that helps a lot. I think we will book it if it's still available
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lifeisgd:
We just got back from being on the Miracle. We had an extended balcony in the middle on the 8th floor. I can tell you most definitely, Dwayne is absolutely correct about the chair noise. Even where we were you could hear it constantly from early morning into late night hours. Although the extended balconies are very nice it was definitely not worth what we paid to hear the constant noise.
Other than the noise, it was a great cruise and we have already booked another. We took advantage of the 100.00 OBC, and also received 2 vouchers for 200.00 ONC if we have friends that want to join us on the same cruise. Not sure if that is something new or not. We also bought another 100.00 certificate for a future cruise.

I also agree with Dwayne that the the Aft deck 4 suites shouldn't be a problem from what I had seen but I can tell you that when you look down on them from above you can see part of the balconies, but again this was on the miracle.
Thanks for the observations. Having just returned from the Miracle, did you watch the stage shows? My daughter is a Miracle Dancer, she was Rita the meter maid as well as many other parts
Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 AM

CruiseDad, did you book it?

Rats, I was hoping your daughter would be on the Valor! Maybe next time I can catch her.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balcony, carnival, cruise, deck, legend, linne, noise, noisier, reviews, ship, suite, suites, vista