Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM

My family of 3 is interested in the 5 day Triumph cruise for next summer out of NY to Canada. Here's the question:

Is there a huge difference between a suite and an inside stateroom? I mean do you really notice a huge difference in relaxation and comfort? Because it is about 3 times as much...

Also, is there a huge difference on the Triumph between a cat 11 (suite) and cat 12 Penthouse)?

Thanks so much
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM

My family of 3 is interested in the 5 day Triumph cruise for next summer out of NY to Canada. Here's the question:

Is there a huge difference between a suite and an inside stateroom? I mean do you really notice a huge difference in relaxation and comfort? Because it is about 3 times as much...

Also, is there a huge difference on the Triumph between a cat 11 (suite) and cat 12 Penthouse)?

Thanks so much
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I like suites over standard cabins. The extra room is preferable to me, but maybe not so to others. It really is a personal choice. A cat 12 has 345 square feet, a cat 11 has 275 square feet, and a standard inside cabin 185 square feet. That is a lot of variance as far as room to move around, not that the inside cabin's on Carnival are cramped - they are usually the largest you can find on any line. And don't forget the suites have a small refrigerator and balconies. I really like a balcony too.

So to answer your question, yes there is a difference in comfort especially when there is more than two people in the cabin. But it is just 5 nights, and the inside can be tolerated for that long, even by me!

One more thing - most people don't spend a lot of time in the cabin.

Closed Thread

Tags
275, 345, cabin, carnival, cruise, day, difference, feet, footage, reviews, sq, square, triumph