Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:46 PM

I am taking my first cruise in 22 days on the Carnival Destiny .Does the cruise provide any shampoo? I have looked on varies sites and cannot find the answer.With all the flight restrictions, I didn't know if they might provide it .Thanks for any helpful info .
Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Welcome to Cruise-Chat

Yes, there are shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 AM

Just as the last response mentioned, there is a shampoo and body wash dispenser in each cabin shower. If you use conditioner though or have tempermental hair (like I do), the shampoo available is not the greatest. If you have dry hair and use the ship's shampoo, think about toting along a decent conditioner.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 AM

Carnival does provide shampoo along with several other sample type items (razors,toothpaste etc) that you will find in a basket on your desk/counter in your cabin.
However, if your like my wife, the shampoo they provide will not be acceptable and you probably should bring your own. If you pack it in your checked lugage, there won't be any problems. The problems occur when you pack it in your carry on luggage. My wife packs all her "necessities" in a giant baggie(in case of breakage) in our checked luggage and we've never had an issue.
Have a great cruise and welcome to C/C.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Well like they just said:
Yes there isa shampoo dispenser, also you will found a basket with razors, a few dental items and a few other extra things.
Ok a few tips If you arrive the day early:

1. Carnival Destiny papers tell you to wait until 2:00 pm for boarding, don't do it, if you arrive around 11:30 am to 12:00 pm, you will not have lines waiting for you. Around 12:30 pm you will be already on the buffet but you cannot enter cabin until 2:00 pm

2. If you arrive early go to the restaurant to check your table if you don't like it go directly to the metree since is early you should not have any trouble.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 AM

There will also be areas on the ship to purchase hair care products that might be more suitable to unruly hair. In addition to toiletries, you also have the availability of free headache medicine and seasickness medicine. If the gentle seas do not agree with the two chocolate melting cakes you just consumed in the Universe or Galaxy, Bonine can be your best friend.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:57 AM

Dr Livingston is right...except for 1 thing. DO NOT buy hair care products or any other medicines on board unless you ABSOLUTELY need them. They will charge you WAY too much! Get them before you board and save money!! You'll have money left over for an extra BAHAMA MAMA!

Closed Thread

Tags
body, carnival, conditioner, cruise, cruises, destiny, fasination, free, hair, imagination, products, provide, shampoo, ships, showers, wash