Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 11:26 AM

Imagination, 3/10/08, 5 nights from Miami to Grand Cayman and Jamaica
Twelve traveling-- 3 first-time, 2 second-time, 1 third-time,
1 fourth-time, 2 fifth-time, 2 sixth-time, and 1 tenth-time. Ages ranged from 22 to 84.

I offer this information to show that the range in age and the level of experience has much to do with your cruise experience. It was my first platinum status cruise on Carnival and from the very beginning in Miami, it really DID make a difference for us. We checked in at 11:15 and were on board and dropped off our carry-on bags by 11:40. It took longer to arrange us for our embarkation photo than it did to check in!

What a ball from the beginning. Those of us who have cruised the most, especially me, get so excited before the cruise that it’s contagious and everybody catches it! My husband has a problem with sea sickness, but the gods were watching us the entire cruise and the seas could not have been calmer – okay they could have been, but they didn’t need to be! He dutifully applied his patch and decided to make the best of it. He never suffered any upset and really found out how much fun it is to cruise when you feel great!

My oldest son was married in late February so he and his new wife (her 1st cruise) had ten family members along on their honeymoon! We didn’t bother them when we didn’t need to and they were happy we didn’t. They had a wonderful time and a great first-time experience at cruising for her. They DO plan to go again.

We are all related, either by blood or marriage and really enjoyed having a round table for 12 in the dining room. Paris, 1st seating. The food was either particularly good this cruise, or we just enjoyed the experience with each other – in any event, no complaints about the food in the dining room or at the buffet. Our head waiter and his assistants were friendly, efficient and really went out of their way. We asked if crème brulee would be offered this cruise (no) – but on the last night, they surprised us with it special made. How wonderful of them! A super dining experience for all 12 of us.

We had three Suites U101, 103, 107 and an oceanview U155. I must say, the refurbishment made a huge difference in the cabins, the furniture looks wonderful, the all-marble bathrooms are shiny and beautiful, and we had plenty of space. Great job Carnival. Ah, the balconies in the morning…

The one comment I would like to make about platinum status is that since my 9th cruise, I could not wait until I had my platinum sail & sign card and we all ooh’d and aah’d when I got it. Everyone had to touch it – it was as good as getting a 24-carat gold plastic ship-on-a-stick! I’ve never had one of those much-coveted awards, but now I have something that I can enjoy every time I cruise in the future.. I was always greeted by name, received something special in the cabin every day, and even a few passengers commented that they hadn’t seen one – could they look at it up close! I encourage everyone to take a couple of shorter cruises to build up your history and enjoy the special perks. They really did a great job making me feel special. (continued)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2008, 11:46 PM

Welcome back Mary!

Thanks for this great review so far, and look forward to more. What did the new water park look like in person? And congrats on the platinum status. I bet you loved the VIP check-in.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, fascination, imagination, photos, r107, room, sensation, stateroom, u101