Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Ok one last post. Tomorrow is the day. I have to share that it has been five years since we have taken a real vacation. There are three of us going and I have filled all five pieces of luggage and now I have to go borrow some because there is still a pile of stuff. Tell me there is never a time where I have to handle my own luggage (except loading in to car at pier). With a two year old in a stroller I don't see how it will be possible! I'm pretty sure there wont be any sleeping tonight. I had no idea I would get this excited. Of course all the fears of forgetting important stuff, how many diapers do you really need for 8 nights, how many times will I spill on myself and need clean clothes, will it be hot, cold both etc... Words of encouragment needed here! I don't think anyone wants to hear about my excitement one more time. Sooo, I thought i'd post one more time and say thank you for all the info everyone so graciously shares, the ears to listen that understand what Im going through. I promise to come back and share my new found knowlege and of course give a review. I'll look forward to talking to you all soon, and thanks again! Pamela
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM

Don't apologize for your excitement because its great to see you are! You will forget a few things, and bring a few extra things you don't need...just don't sweat it! Everything you will need to sustain life will be on that ship waiting for you! When you get to the pier, a nice smile and a few dollar bills and you won't have to lift your bags again! Enjoy the cruise!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 03-14-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wienergirls:
Ok one last post. Tomorrow is the day. I have to share that it has been five years since we have taken a real vacation. There are three of us going and I have filled all five pieces of luggage and now I have to go borrow some because there is still a pile of stuff. Tell me there is never a time where I have to handle my own luggage (except loading in to car at pier). With a two year old in a stroller I don't see how it will be possible! I'm pretty sure there wont be any sleeping tonight. I had no idea I would get this excited. Of course all the fears of forgetting important stuff, how many diapers do you really need for 8 nights, how many times will I spill on myself and need clean clothes, will it be hot, cold both etc... Words of encouragment needed here! I don't think anyone wants to hear about my excitement one more time. Sooo, I thought i'd post one more time and say thank you for all the info everyone so graciously shares, the ears to listen that understand what Im going through. I promise to come back and share my new found knowlege and of course give a review. I'll look forward to talking to you all soon, and thanks again! Pamela
Where are you going to??
We went wth 4 people (2adults & 2 kids (7-9)) with 2 suitcases and a garment bag for the suits and dresses and we still had too much.
During the day everyone wore bathing suits and t-shirts. At night we had capri pants for the wife and daughter with nice tops and dockers and shirts for me and my son. For formal the suits/shirt/ties and dresses for the girls.
THAT'S IT - trust me you won't need much more

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 03-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Sure wish I was going with you. I'm so glad to hear how excited you are and you will be having the time of your life in a few hours. You'll be just fine and after a couple of island drinks, you wont care if you spill or not. Be sure and let us know how it went when you return. Bon Voyage
Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Pamela, I am excited for you and you don't have to apologize or explain anything. We all have the same love for cruising, (some are known to get down right giddy!)

Once you get your luggage to the pier you will only have to wrestle it into your stateroom because you will find them outside your door, (probably after you have finished checking out the ship).

Then begins the fun part of finding a place for everything, (including your empty suitcases) like under the bed etc. Read about your muster, (the first event on board without a drink in your hand.)

Have a fantastic voyage! or might I just say, Bon Voyage!

We'll be waiting here to hear from you.

Ken
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
Enjoy the cruise!
Hey look at you tncruiseman! You are sailing with Dave this weekend on Holiday and you seem calm as a cucumber.

Have a great time!

Ken
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Pamela, How many days are you packing for? We do one piece of luggage per person. We will also have a carry-on and a cooler. I learned on our first cruise that we could've packed half of what we had and been fine. We will do laundry once halfway through.

Either way, have a great time.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

What, no island cocktails during the muster? What is going on here? This is news to me...or maybe in my prior giddiness, I broke the rule without knowing that I had done so.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks Ken! I really am looking forward to it, most especially the eating and drinking part! The only thing I am dreading is waiting until the last minute to pack, which I always seem to do.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Glad to hear someone else waited till the last minute! Bon Voyage..

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, excited