Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

I gotcha, f-mattox. My reference to the heady issue was about Ron and Alex and the NCL issue. I, too, moved over here. We're good!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM

I like the late seating because some port calls are untill 5 or 6 pm. I like to stay ashore as long as I can and come back and have a few beers on Lido as we sail away.

Take a 30-60 minute siesta, shower and go to dinner. Is a perfect day for me
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm with ya' IslandCruz;
even on sea days I love the serenity on deck from about 5:00 on while the early seating people are getting beautiful. The pools and hot tubs are quiet; there's a kind of a hush all over the ship--o.k., I stole that--but you get what I mean.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 AM

Since this subject is about dining... How do they configure the seating arrangements?

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-24-2007, 02:00 AM

It is a magical thing I will never understand.

First, they seperate the early and late seatings. Then they look at groups with requests to be seated together. Then they go to the magical match-making of putting couples together with other couples, and seating singles with singles.

You can always change your table, and even ask to be seated with friends. They will do everything possible to make you happy.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Thanks for your reply!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
I like the early seating only because it's the only choice if my dancing daughter is to join us. Then my wife and I watch BOTH shows. What dotting parents we are. . On one ship my daughter, wife and I were matched with a British couple and their 10 year old son. He was shy at first being with a dancer but warmed up as the cruise went on. At the last show he proudly introduced his new friend to the rest of Camp Carnival. It was quite a trip.
When you first get on look at your sign and sail card for your seating time and room. If it isn't to your liking get in the cue to make a change.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:07 PM
As far as Attire goes. I recomend dressing up to take advantage of the night. But it really it is your choice. Even business casual seems to be OK these days.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Do children attend formal night and if they do what is their attire?

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 03-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Banned

Yes teachabcdee, your children will attend formal night, as well. At least my daughters have always wanted to dress up and have a wonderful meal. Now, if your child is "too cool" to go, Camp Carnival, I believe, has a meal that evening. It might be a pizza party or hanging out on the Lido Deck with hamburgers. But, it's casual.
My girls wear skirts and blouses or dresses with sandals. I have seen boys wearing khaki pants (no shorts) polo shirts or button down shirts and a tie, if they like. Some even wear suits and ties, but don't feel that's necessary.
Keep in mind that on the formal nights it's the best way to have a beautiful formal picture taken of your entire family for a fraction of the cost that you would pay for a sitting at a studio at home. That's what our family does at least. Whenever we entertain, people always love to see our new cruise portrait. You can see how much your children have grown through the years with each cruise. (and, unfortunately, how much we've aged)!

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, carnival, clothing, cruise, date, dining, dinner, eat, good, googlewhat, plan, seated, ship, ships, time