Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM

I have gone on one other carnvial cruise. The time before I took a black dress. Now my fiancee and I are going. He wants to know if he needs a suit or slacks, shirt and tie? I plan on wearing a dress again. Also right now we have the late seating but I have read where other people say the main seating is better because you don't miss shows. Which is the best?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:21 AM

They have 2 shows each evening, one for early seating, one for late. A suit or slacks, shirt, tie and jacket are fine, whichever he wishes to take. Be sure to have a picture taken on formal nights, it's a great way to remember a wonderful evening.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

Hi Josh and Amy. Welcome. Dinner preference is totally your call. There are pros and cons to both seatings. Main seating... you don't miss the shows, true. They should run the shows again at 10 p.m. or 10:30. I am not sure if this holds true on all ships. But, if you like to sit in the sun, by the pool, or the hot tubs you will have to go back to your cabin and shower to get ready for dinner earlier. If you like to enjoy the midnight buffets, an early seating is nice because you will be a little hungry again around that time. If you have 8:15/8:30 seating, you are not rushed out of the dining rooms like you are in the earlier seatings. Keep in mind, you will experience more children at the earlier seating. Not sure if that matters to you or not. Days at sea and in port can get tiresome and add the hot sun to that and you might be exhausted from a full day by the time late seating comes around. It is your discretion. We've done both seatings with our two teenage daughters. We prefer the later seating. Keep in mind, there's 4 of us to shower and get ready. You're only two. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

I like the early seating because eating later makes it more difficult for me to sleep; it's also not as healthy to sleep on a full belly. Listen to me talking about healthy...I'm the one who will order multiple entrees!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

I'll take the ceasar salad and prawns for my appetizer. Filet mignon and lobster tail for my entree. And for dessert, I'll have the warm chocolate melting cake (to die for) and the New York Cheesecake.
You're not alone goin' cruisin' !
Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Pretty much new to cruising. I love to eat! Do they really not mind if you order two entres??
Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Not only do they not mind it, it is subtley encouraged. As a new cruiser, get into the mindset that the ship's employees are there to serve you and make you happy (of course, you need to ask for things politely and show respect to those who are caring for your every need).

Take charge on the first night, and politely ask for two entrees, or a second entree if you really liked the first one. By cruise end, everybody at your table will be doing the same. If you have a good table, everyone will order a second entree and share with everyoone else around the table (hygienically, of course). Have fun!

Oh yeaeh, DeeT; short for delirium tremors?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Now I understand why you were upset at not being moved to a large table, beside the camaraderie--what a great idea! Everybody get two different entrees and share. I'm giving that a try next month.

And while I've got you, I want you to know I agree with you that Alex has the right to proclaim his views; and also that his issues are valid; but what sent me around the bend was that he did it on at least 10 threads. Thanks for listening--got that off my chest.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

No need to explain yourself, f-mattox. You are a gentleman and a scholar. As said previously, I'm not sure this is the appropriate location to air such heady issues. If I'm not in the mood to mix this type of an issue with a dining decision, I'll pass on it.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
No. See, I was trying to respond to you on the other thread (also about dining) but Alex and Ron Clark were going at it and I couldn't get a word in.
I'm through with this topic.

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, carnival, clothing, cruise, date, dining, dinner, eat, good, googlewhat, plan, seated, ship, ships, time