Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 01:40 AM

This is my first cruise ever and we are going on the elation, I have got a lot of good info off this site and I am very exicited , just 9 more days wahoo. I would very much appreciate some info for our ports of call which are Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay and Nassua, and am looking to do some great snorkling maybe some snuba and some bar hopping, so i would like to know which places will be best for each and some personal favs. Also I read that a great way to explore the islands was to rent a scooter, is this safe, my sister who we aree going with does not seem to think so, but it sounds like a lot of fun.Thanks i looke foward to hearing from all of you and your suggestions.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:40 AM

This is my first cruise ever and we are going on the elation, I have got a lot of good info off this site and I am very exicited , just 9 more days wahoo. I would very much appreciate some info for our ports of call which are Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay and Nassua, and am looking to do some great snorkling maybe some snuba and some bar hopping, so i would like to know which places will be best for each and some personal favs. Also I read that a great way to explore the islands was to rent a scooter, is this safe, my sister who we aree going with does not seem to think so, but it sounds like a lot of fun.Thanks i looke foward to hearing from all of you and your suggestions.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:18 AM

bubba,
I found these replies so I thought I would post them here too....hopefully some newer replies will come thru.....maybe it is safer now???

9 days and counting!!!!!!

love ya!!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:18 AM

Doug
New Cruiser
Posted November 23, 2002 06:58 PM
Looking for info. about renting Scooters in Cozumel, Have heard good and bad any info will really help.
Posts: 3 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: November 23, 2002

Sue
Experienced Cruiser
Posted November 23, 2002 07:39 PM Hide Post
Scooter info (mopeds) is included in Mikey message. They are not recommended by any cruise we've ever been on, and considered unsafe. They don't maintain the high standards of safety that we're used to.
Posts: 321 | Location: Beverly Hills, FL | Registered: June 20, 2002

Ignored post by Sue posted November 23, 2002 07:39 PM Show Post

Jean
Cruiser
Posted November 24, 2002 05:14 PM Hide Post
Not only that-if you do get hurt, do you really want to wind up in their HOSPITALS???????

Ignored post by Jean posted November 24, 2002 05:14 PM Show Post

Tom Ogg
Administrator
Cruise Guru
Posted November 29, 2002 06:13 PM Hide Post
There are several scooter rental places back a couple of blocks downtown behind the plaza. That said....DON'T DO IT!!!!

I have seen so many people injured on scooters in Cozumel it is pathetic.

Tom
Old 11-01-2006, 05:22 AM

Posted September 20, 2006 01:03 PM Hide Post
Hello to everyone going on Ecstacy.
Sadie, the cost of taxis is pre-set and cost will be posted on signs where you get the taxi. It may seem hectic, but they will get people in those things and out in a hurry. I believe we paid $14 one-way to go to Paradise Beach. We shared the ride back to the dock with another lady and they charged $15 for all 3 of us. The taxis are lined up at Paradise Beach waiting to take you back, bu tthe cost is one-way each time. Not bad, better than renting a car and taking a chance on their laws! DO NOT RENT A SCOOTER OR CAR! I had the grilled fish (Mahi-Mahi caught locally) sandwich at the beach and it was wonderful. Wife had grilled chicken tacos and she said they were the best she had ever eaten.
If you have specific questions, you can list them and I will reply the best I can. You are all going to have so much fun!!!!!!

Rodney

Closed Thread