Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM

I would not worry to much about your stuff. In cabo they have to tender you I belive so I would not go back to the ship unless you are done for the day. I have been snorkling around 10 times now in various places and I have never had a problem with leaving my stuff on board. I agree with the zipper pouch for you money. I will usually just bring a ziplock bag and just put it in my shorts pocket. That might be a problem for you however you girls are clever you will find a place to put it. In San Diego the Days in sounds like your best bet. I know the best western downtown does the same however I belive that it is more money. And as for money I would not worry about changing it over it is far to complicated if you do that. They all have there money in US currency. It's just too bad they don't take Canadian Dollars from us Canadians we could get a good deal if they would.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM

we have been on the elation great ship you will love it. when we went in the water my wife had a waterproof container around her neck with our money and sail and sign card in it worked great.
have a great trip.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
The Changing Money Question: Most ports even if not US will take US currency just because so many cruisers have dollars. But here is a tip, While they try to give you change in US currency..if your bills are to big you just might have to accept local bucks for change. So try not to use anything bigger than a 20, 10s would be better.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
we have been on the elation great ship you will love it. when we went in the water my wife had a waterproof container around her neck with our money and sail and sign card in it worked great.
have a great trip.
Yep, a good old fashioned Zip lock worked better than a Waterproof wallet I got at a dive shop. A few 10s and 5s and the ever popular S&S card is enough for most places. Some ports will also want a Photo ID, Take your Drivers Licence, it is more waterproof than the passport

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, crusing, myrtle