Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 PM

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Elation leaving San Diego on June 30th. This is our first cruise and I have a few questions I need help with.

1. Does anyone know of a hotel in San Diego that possibly provides shuttles from both the airport to hotel, and from the hotel to the cruise terminal?

2. We will be doing a Snorkeling shore excursion in Cabo and I am cant figure out what to do with our stuff. Everything I read tells me not to take any personal belonging on the excursion seeing that we will be in the water and unable to keep it secure. So my question is will we be able to go back to the ship to get our stuff? Or has anyone done this excursion (Chileno Bay snorkeling) and doe they have a way for us to keep our stuff secure?

3. Also do we need to get our currency changed before we board the ship or can we do that on ship/in port?

I am sure I will have plenty more questions before we sail but this should get us started.
Thank you all.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Kamikat-Try looking/posting your questions regarding Hotels/Transfer in Port,Hotels and Transfers topic area of cruisechat.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat Kamikat!

I would concur with Billy about posting the hotel question in the proper section. The only question I can answer is #3. No need to exchange currency. They gladly accept US Dollars

Again, Welcome Aboard!
IslandCruz
Old 05-10-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikat:
My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Elation leaving San Diego on June 30th. This is our first cruise and I have a few questions I need help with.
Hello and welcome to cruise chat! In my opinion your comment is well placed since you are taking a Carnival cruise and just one of your questions refers to hotels. I agree, that the hotel question could be better served in that category but you don't need to move your entire thread.

People will come out from everywhere to eagerly answer your questions. I am not a Carnival cruiser so can't help you there. I haven't yet done the Mexican Riviera so no help there but keep posting and you should get all your questions answered.

If you have a specific question that you think may have been posted, just click on the "find" tab at the top and put in a keyword.

Ken
Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM

Thank you, for your responses. I posted this before looking around too much. I will give try what was suggested.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 PM

Kamikat, You are most welcome from all of us.

I am a Carnival Cruiser. And most that reply to questions in this section are avid Carnival fans and experienced with a wealth of information. Ask away! You came to the right place for questions
Old 05-11-2007, 07:01 AM

I am a virgin cruiser myself but a message board internet surfing junkie....soooooo....I wanted to let you know that tripadvisor.com is a great place to find out about the hotel and even get peoples reviews on them...my two cents...carry on

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 AM

I think Kamikat's snorkeling excursion question is excellent and would think the company you booked the excursion with could advise you.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

Kamikat, Welcome. I cruised to Cabo in February. I also did the snorkeling excursion to Chileno Bay. Leave your things on the excursion boat. No one will bother your stuff. Everyone on the excursion is doing the same exact thing as you. The guides stay on the boat and very often, other passengers do as well. If someone is rifling through your belongings, someone will take notice of it. If you feel more comfortable, use a drawstring or zippered bag for the excursion and put your cash at the very bottom of the bag. I wouldn't waste anymore time worrying about it. Nothing will happen.

Just so you know... Chileno Bay snorkeling is just so-so. You are not allowed anywhere, and I do mean ANYWHERE, near the reefs. A man in a dingy with a smelly, smokey motor patrols the reefs and yells at snorkelers if they get too close. The beach is beautiful and you will see some some tropical fish. The water--very warm with good visability. Expect to snorkel in approx. 20-25 feet of water, maximum depth.

As others stated... Cabo will gladly accept U.S. dollars.
If you want to P.M. me with other questions, feel free.
Have fun and don't worry so much.
A'ndrea
Old 05-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Thanks again everyone for the answers I got some good one's.

I looked on the port/hotel forums but I really didn't find the answers I wanted. I did find some good information for when we get back to San Diego instead.
I ended up booking The Days Inn San Diego Airport Convention Center Harbor View. It cost $170 w/tax for one night but they do have shuttle service for both the airport and the cruise terminal. The rooms looked pretty nice also.

I am also glad that we should be able to take our stuff on the Catamaran for the excursion.

Being able to spend US Dollars makes things easier also one less thing to worry about.

Thanks all!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, crusing, myrtle