Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 AM

If my youngest son ever decides that cruise forums are his thing, that would be a good handle for him. He is 16 and will be a Milestone Rewards Member by the end of next year. (although he wil have turned the ripe old age of 17 by then!!) [/quote]
LHP
That's alot of cruises your son as done for his age. I have 2 nephews which have cruised every year of their life and probably will continue at least once a year and I thought they had the record for most cruises at their age. Your son has beat them bad.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra M.:
If my youngest son ever decides that cruise forums are his thing, that would be a good handle for him. He is 16 and will be a Milestone Rewards Member by the end of next year. (although he wil have turned the ripe old age of 17 by then!!)
LHP
That's alot of cruises your son as done for his age. I have 2 nephews which have cruised every year of their life and probably will continue at least once a year and I thought they had the record for most cruises at their age. Your son has beat them bad. [/quote]

We did not start cruising with him until he was 5 (almost 6) and our oldest son was 8...but because of high school academic competitions and now college....the oldest (now 19) has missed a few. (A fact he is not happy about...might I add!!)
Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by marylb:
The funny thing is some take less trips and spend more money and don't qualify. I have friends who take the small trips often on one single cruise line and yet one longer cruise abroad can cost more than all the small cruises put together. As for us, we go by destination so we don't stick with one ship line. Who knows where we'll be after the February trip but one thing is certain, we won't qualify to line up first! lol
I intend to "sail them all" before my debarkation (well, except NCL...I don't do freestyle dining....a fine cruiseline, just personal preference)...but for now, Carnival has taken excellent care of our son with autism and we can't change until he outgrows their program. He just loves them!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM

LHP you have no idea how pleased I am to hear that. In fact we just went on an NCL cruise in mid-November with two friends. For us Freestyle was more than perfect as we liked to dine with them and without them depending on the romance meter.

Our sailing friend's son is high functioning autistic and he was not on the trip though he does cruise with his dad most times. I will pass your info along to him as it is important. His son is as precious as a kid can be and we say he just says and does things we all wish we could say and do. Thanks for your perspective and hopefully others may read it and not fear cruising.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by marylb:
LHP you have no idea how pleased I am to hear that. In fact we just went on an NCL cruise in mid-November with two friends. For us Freestyle was more than perfect as we liked to dine with them and without them depending on the romance meter.

Our sailing friend's son is high functioning autistic and he was not on the trip though he does cruise with his dad most times. I will pass your info along to him as it is important. His son is as precious as a kid can be and we say he just says and does things we all wish we could say and do. Thanks for your perspective and hopefully others may read it and not fear cruising.
RCCL also has a special program they advertise.

Here is the link:

http://www.alumnicruises.org/Autism/Autism%20Individual...ism_Ind_homepage.htm

You may want to forward that to your friend.

Carnival has basically done the same things for us but I have never seen them advertise it anywhere. Of course, we are all still learning. Back when we started cruising with our son, there wasn't much known in the general public about autism accept the movie "Rainman".

We have come a long way!!! Thankfully!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Princess has a similar "priority tender boarding" program but it only works for boarding from the ship & not a return trip. Does Carnivals program cover both directions?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
Princess has a similar "priority tender boarding" program but it only works for boarding from the ship & not a return trip. Does Carnivals program cover both directions?
That is a very good question!!! We have never tried doing it in reverse....because whenever we have come back to the ship, there is usually no line. (we don't stay off the ship long)

I will have to check on that!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, platinum, reviews, tender, tickets