Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 06:36 PM

HEY ALL I WOULD ASSUME THAT THE CRUISE SHIP IS THE LAST PRIORITY OF THAT PORT HAVING SAILED OUT OF THAT PORT MYSELF I REALIZED HOW BUSY OF A PORT IT WAS WITH ALL THE SHIPS GOING IN AND OUT. I BELIEVE THAT THE CONQUEST IS IN MAINT. THIS WEEK AND THEN IT WILL SAIL OUT OF GALVESTON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I DON'T THINK THEY COULD FIT IT INTO THE BUSY PORT OF MIAMI BUT I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHEN I GO TO MIAMI THIS SATURDAY HOW BUSY AND HOW BIG THE PORT IS SO YOU CAN KINDA HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON. ALSO IF I WAS YOU GUYS I WOULD CANCEL MY HOTEL DOWN IN NOLA AND PLAN ON BOOKING SOMEWHERE ELSE. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THE PEOPLE IN NOLA

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-31-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by swimmersonboard:
I called my travel agent to change my cruise for APRIL out of NOLA and she said she just wasn't sure. It will be interesting to see what they do. I would think they would definitely let those who will be sailing in the next two months from NOLA know soon so they can make plans/ and change plans if need be.
Well I wish this was true but I called our TA tonight and - you will love this (Sam's Club TA) - they are still saying we are departing from NOLA...poor dear is just the messanger so I could not get mad but still....

She said Sams's would contact us if there was any change in our port but as of today we are sailing from NOLA - will give ya'll a update when I hear from the TA...
Old 08-31-2005, 06:50 PM

She must not watch the news. I sure you would like to have some lead time on pre/post hotels etc. Hopefully you find out something soon. I would try that website listed earlier today they seem to get the press releases as one of the firsts.

http://www.cruise-community.com
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 08-31-2005, 06:52 PM

BOBINNM
The Travel Agents get fed the same line the passengers get.
We called and called NCL when their ship was so late into and out of Seattle (running with two broken engines) and NCL just said, "We have NO KNOWLEDGE of ANY problems with the Norwegian Dream."
I called our TA, wondering whether or not to pack, and they read him the exact same line. Apparently they didn't even know the ship was skipping ports, getting into Seattle so late people missed their flights, etc.
Good Luck in finding someone truthful. Once they have your money..............
Old 08-31-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
She must not watch the news.
Thanks for the web site Cyndi - we appreciate it!

Will let you kno how things go - can only go up from here you know :-)
Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 PM

I just saw a news release on http://www.cruise-critic.com that said that Carnival is going to use Galveston for The Conquest. It listed other itenary changes too.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I just saw a news release on http://www.cruise-critic.com that said that Carnival is going to use Galveston for The Conquest. It listed other itenary changes too.
Hi Cyndi,

I saw the itinerary changes for Sensation but saw no mention of Conquest changes - did I miss something?

ANyone else out there have info on the Conquest (we sail on 9 Oct).

It would be a good thing if they based out of Mobile or Tampa - not sure how we could get to Galvaston from here (except fly)
Old 09-01-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bobinnm:
quote:
Hi Cyndi,

I saw the itinerary changes for Sensation but saw no mention of Conquest changes - did I miss something?

ANyone else out there have info on the Conquest (we sail on 9 Oct).

It would be a good thing if they based out of Mobile or Tampa - not sure how we could get to Galvaston from here (except fly)

Nevermind...it's on the Carnival site now... Galvaston:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_t...er_update.aspx
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
well today I made the change for our cruise and our flights, it look to be quite a long time till New orleans will be back to commerce and letting the residents back in, Carnival wiil let you change your Itineries for the cruises out of new orleans, to other ships so you will not lose your deposits and they were willing to give back deposits, instead I choose to go out of tampa on the Miracle for the same dates, also Continental tranfered my flight for a small fee of 50.00 and gave each of us a 30.00 future certificate off our next flight within one year, so if your planing on cruising out of nola your best bet is try to change ships and while the supply of cabins are avaiable, there were 4 different ships I could choose from, you may get same cabin you booked or you may have to go lower cabin grade or higher, I just got lucky and got the same cabin that we booked on the conquest, god Bless everyone in nola and I look forward to your rebirth, I will be back!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:59 PM
I would not sit and wait to see what is going to happen in New orleans as far as the Travel side I would start making alternative plans if you still plan on cruising the next 4 to 5 months before all the cruises are booked and it my take a year or longer to rebook, its looks to be a first come first serve, there were still quite a few inside and OV cabins available also a few suites Cat11 from what my TA told me

Closed Thread