Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2003, 10:32 PM

This is our first cruise. We are traveling with our 9 and 14 year old kids. Will it be safe or smart to let the 9 year old stay in areas alone. Someone suggested walkie talkies for the kids? Has anyone tried that. Also, if we have a 8:30 dinner seating,will we miss all of the shows? Are drinks and tips paid at the end of the cruise are along the way? Thanks for any info.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:32 PM

This is our first cruise. We are traveling with our 9 and 14 year old kids. Will it be safe or smart to let the 9 year old stay in areas alone. Someone suggested walkie talkies for the kids? Has anyone tried that. Also, if we have a 8:30 dinner seating,will we miss all of the shows? Are drinks and tips paid at the end of the cruise are along the way? Thanks for any info.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:04 AM
your best bet with nine year old is the kids club first that way the are supervised and meet children their own age, and then after they meet someone his or her age, they should be fine they will be best buds the rest of the cruise and they will aways be togeather and never be alone!! the second part of your questin we have aways opted for late sitting the last 4 cruises and always seem to miss everything that is going on I am not a person to stay up to late as I am a early riser so we missed alot of things that started the same time Ouras our dinner sitting this next cruise in jan we are going for the early sitting so we can make the first show and some of the other activties, its really your preference on your eating habits, also try the room service it is really good if you dont want to tredge out, or when the kids wont get out of bed in morning and your starving it will hold you over till you get them movingthey come as early as 7:00 and you don"t have to hunt down a cup of coffee we had them every morning and still went to breakfast togeather when everyone finnally rolled out of bed, tipping is added to your bill on some cruises other you pay the last night with envelopes left in room they break it down for you I always tip our cabin steward a little extra because he has to put up with my grandchildren sleeping in, they are 6 and 11 and they are hard to roll out of bed at 7 in morning, also I tip our waiter if he is exceptionally good extra. tips are all included in every thing you don" need to spend any cash on the ship save it for on shore also warn the children about the phone one cruise I was on a 15 year old decided to call a friend every night the bill was well over 600.00. the fellow was in line in front of me at the pursers trying to resolve it but he was stuck with the bill. no matter what. any thing else I can help you with othe board is great for answers have a great trip!!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:29 AM
Banned

When is your Cruise and which ship?
Old 08-12-2003, 07:02 PM

Our cruise is Carnival Conquest leaving this Sunday 8/17

quote:
Originally posted by Tom S:
When is your Cruise and which ship?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Banned

Let me know if you want to share a safe excursion in Jamaica. I hired a personal tour guide that came highly recommended. We will be at Rose Hall Private Beach most of the morning. Do a little "safe and hassle free" shopping. Stop at Margaritaville for late lunch or drinks and then back to ship. Would cost your family of 4 about $75 plus about $24 for beach including umbrellas and chairs.

We are a family of 6 ages 14,17,18,20,46,48

Let me know if you have any interest.

Tom
Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 PM

Tom,

I replied to this invitation in the general chat listing I think. Do you have any other takers who are interested in this? We definitely would like to do this. Please email me directly at bettyx4@cox.net to confirm. We are 9, 14, 44, 45. Thanks, Sharon Betty
quote:
Originally posted by Tom S:
Let me know if you want to share a safe excursion in Jamaica. I hired a personal tour guide that came highly recommended. We will be at Rose Hall Private Beach most of the morning. Do a little "safe and hassle free" shopping. Stop at Margaritaville for late lunch or drinks and then back to ship. Would cost your family of 4 about $75 plus about $24 for beach including umbrellas and chairs.

We are a family of 6 ages 14,17,18,20,46,48

Let me know if you have any interest.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, cruising, questions, safe, time, tips