Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2003, 03:36 PM

we recently cruised on board the Carnival's Victory and absolutely loved the experience. While onboard we met some people and during conversations they were excited to tell us how they cruised for $300 per person., and we again heard this from other people onboard. I am just curious as to how this is done, anyone have information on these "deals" that they can share? We had booked our cruise 6 months in advance and requested a certain room, and i am assuming that with these deals you are not knowing where your cabin will be? I am looking to book another cruise, but don't want to be the passengerwho pays the big bucks this time!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:36 PM

we recently cruised on board the Carnival's Victory and absolutely loved the experience. While onboard we met some people and during conversations they were excited to tell us how they cruised for $300 per person., and we again heard this from other people onboard. I am just curious as to how this is done, anyone have information on these "deals" that they can share? We had booked our cruise 6 months in advance and requested a certain room, and i am assuming that with these deals you are not knowing where your cabin will be? I am looking to book another cruise, but don't want to be the passengerwho pays the big bucks this time!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:56 AM

There is absolutely no way to guarantee a good deal on a cruise. All you can do is check with different agencies to see what they are offering at the time. If you have a good agent and you have booked they will keep an eye out for price reductions that may apply to you.

There are many reasons for price reductions. The ship may not be filling up, cruise lines sometimes have specials for certain areas of the country and a cruise agency may have blocked a bulk set of rooms so they are getting discounted prices.

Prices for a cruise can change daily sometimes. I would suggest you either keep an eye on prices with online agencies or you try to find a cruise agent that you feel comfortable with and who you feel is working in your best interest.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:12 AM

Prices change dramatically everyday!!! I called CArnival every two days in regards to my cruise i saved myself over $1000.00. The airfare from Miami to Hawaii and back went from 749 to 505 from one day to another, also my cruise went from 1299 (ocean view) to 930.00 (ocean view) and i have been upgraded all the way up to 8i (extended balcony. You should always call & also after your final payment you should be able to get a onboard credit or a room upgrade if the prices went down, also, if you dont get the response you want from one Carnival Rep., hang up and call again.. Worked for ME>!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:15 AM

Also, with this whole War thing prices are dropping so check with Carnival
Old 03-30-2003, 01:06 PM

The current war and terrorism threat has made a major impact on the travel industry and pricing has been lower than I have ever seen it.

For normal times, a lot of things can come into play on getting good rates. The travel agent who booked the cruise could have had group rates and therefore been able to offer a savings to the client. The clients could have been past guests of either the agency or Carnival and gotten a discount. These folks could have booked after the terrorist warning lever went up to orange this past January (prices dipped drastically).

By the way, most travel agents get the same rates! If one agent gets lower rates than another, the travel agent you use needs to contact Carnival and let them know and they should be able to get you the same rates!

Happy cruising!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, deal, forum, good, rates