Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Cabin Assignment (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/26462-cabin-assignment.html)

carlg 09-05-2007 12:10 PM

A question for the seasoned Carnival line travelors. I recently booked a November cruise as a guaranteed cabin assignment. All information was filled out online and in fact, the Fun Pass as well as embarkation information was filled out as well. Carnival then assigned a cabin #. I printed out the documents, including the luggage tags. This was a few weeks ago.

Today I went online under "My Documents" and noticed the cabin assignment changed (1 category less).

Is this typical of Carnival, and at what point can I trust the online documents? I don't want to be continually reprinting documents and luggage tags. I also wonder if I hadn't checked again, what would happen when I place the now incorrect tags on my luggage"?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Dwayne 09-05-2007 02:02 PM

Hi carlg,

Did you book a Guaranteed Category, or a Cabin Assignment? This does sound odd either way. Usually if it is an assigned cabin they won't change it unless the cabin is needed for some special consideration. Say wheelchair access or a connecting door.

If it was a Guaranteed Category it would be extremely rare for them to lower the category. And they would contact you and make a rate adjustment.

This is indeed strange. I have had miss tagged luggage before and it found it's way to the cabin. But what a hassle and worry! I wonder what others have to say about this.

I hope you get this straightened out!

Dwayne

carlg 09-05-2007 02:11 PM

Thanks IC. It is a guaranteed 8A cabin. When the cabin was assigned it moved to 8D Lido, which was a great upgrade. Now it is down to an 8C upgrade. Still not bad, but disappointing none the less. It just seemed odd that they would assign a cabin so far ahead, and then disappoint the customer by lowering and changing the cabin assignment.

Jim C. 09-05-2007 03:15 PM

Well, if you read the legaleeze or listen to the PVPs, a guaranteed cabin assignment is not "final" until you check in. That is why they don't like to give out the assignments before hand. Typically once they "close the cruise" everyone is assigned a cabin and that doesn't change. But last minute bookings at higher categories can have a ripple effect down through the TBA cabins. So to answer your question, no its not typical. Also what is not typical is knowing your cabin assignment so far in advance. Many times you won't know what they assigned you until you get to the ship!

carlg 09-05-2007 03:52 PM

I was suprised as well Jim, that I was assigned a room before the cruise was even paid for. It's a mild disappointment at best. I checked with the TA that booked this. She said Carnival had no notes as to why this had happened.

Hopefully there are no more downgrades in the future. The only difference is moving from the Lido deck which had less rooms.

Thanks for all your help.

MrOctober 09-06-2007 05:13 PM

Just checked my Grntee booking for October 13th and see they stuck me down on the bottom deck with the Dancing Irish people. I got deck 1 #1447 on the Liberty. atleast it's super close to the elevators Aft. Im just used to being above water on the empress deck. Either way I wont be at work for those 8 Days so it should be fine,

1Sgt 09-07-2007 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrOctober:
Just checked my Grntee booking for October 13th and see they stuck me down on the bottom deck with the Dancing Irish people. I got deck 1 #1447 on the Liberty. atleast it's super close to the elevators Aft. Im just used to being above water on the empress deck. Either way I wont be at work for those 8 Days so it should be fine,
I'm on the same ship on a Nov cruise and in cabins 1271 and 1273 and oceanview so the deck is above water. But I do wonder if you will have engine noise that far back...

MrOctober 09-07-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

But I do wonder if you will have engine noise that far back...
Nothing a few extra Bud Lights wouldnt be able to muffle http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

carlg 09-07-2007 07:47 AM

Sleep is overrated anyways. If the engine noise gets too loud, just stay up all night!

1Sgt 09-08-2007 04:10 AM

Yeah maybe so...but I sure enjoyed sleeping like a lil pup on the Celebration. Best sleep in a long time that's for sure. This was our first cruise and our PVP put us on deck 2 (main deck) towards the bow, ocean view.