Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 AM

Hi All,
A Newbie here to the forum & first time cruisers. Just wanted to see who else on here will be on the cruise with us.

My husband & I are both 30 & have 3 daughters. We booked the week after Thanksgiving in hopes that the number of children would be lower since we are leaving ours at home. We live in SE Louisiana, his home town way down the bayou 40 miles SW of NOLA & I'm from New Orleans & Central IL.

We can't wait & are both very exited about all this. We got a assigned an OV room on the Main floor right under the galley. We haven't figured out quite what excursions we want to take yet but we are staying away from subs, string rays, sharks & snakes. But I do know we want to go to Beach in Negril.

Well we'll be seeing some of you not long from now. Till then have a Happy Turkey Day!

[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/MoBay,Cayman&Cozumel/Conquest/200611260130_14.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/]Caribbean Member Community[/link]
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 AM

Hi All,
A Newbie here to the forum & first time cruisers. Just wanted to see who else on here will be on the cruise with us.

My husband & I are both 30 & have 3 daughters. We booked the week after Thanksgiving in hopes that the number of children would be lower since we are leaving ours at home. We live in SE Louisiana, his home town way down the bayou 40 miles SW of NOLA & I'm from New Orleans & Central IL.

We can't wait & are both very exited about all this. We got a assigned an OV room on the Main floor right under the galley. We haven't figured out quite what excursions we want to take yet but we are staying away from subs, string rays, sharks & snakes. But I do know we want to go to Beach in Negril.

Well we'll be seeing some of you not long from now. Till then have a Happy Turkey Day!

[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/MoBay,Cayman&Cozumel/Conquest/200611260130_14.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/]Caribbean Member Community[/link]
Old 11-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Hello Momma Bear. You will love this cruise as we did. For the first time cruiser it can be overwelming in a good way. So much to see and discover. We took all our grown kids on this cruise for valentines 2005. For most it was their first cruise. We are getting ready to go Saturday after Thanksgiving on the Elation. Taking our son and his girlfriend on their frist cruise. They live in London and were unable to make the Conquest cruise. Took a little convincing our son as he thinks of cruising as sitting around being bored. Once I told him he could take a deep sea fishing excursion he came around.

If you are the beach type then I highly recommend taking a taxi to Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. I beleive it is now $40.00 per person but you get unlimited access of the facilities and all food and drinks are included. If you want to eat in the nice restaurant bring clothes as they do not allow swimsuits and bare feet. Otherwise they have a very good snackbar. We had a fantastic time. My son loved the swim up bar. The taxi ride was $2.00 each way per person.

In Grand Caymen we loved the Snorkling and stingray excursion we took through www.captainmarvins.com The stingrays are truely gentle creatures. I am not sure about this port but I know in the Bahamas their barbs are removed. You do not have to get out of th boat. many did not. The trip was still worth every penny. The food is expensive there so you may wish to eat on the ship. Don't forget the rumcake.....yum!! You may wish to go to 7 mile beach.

In Cozumel I highly recommend the ATV beach tour. Don't forget to read the port reviews here http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/

You are going to have a vacation you won't soon forget. Take lots of pictures through the ship. You do not have to buy any of them but will have lots to choose from. great time to get that real nice picture of you and hubby all dressed up.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

First warning, be prepared for the addiction heading your way.

We don't do sub, string rays etc either. In Grand Cayman, there is a brand new Jimmy Buffet place that has a pool and water slide. There is also Seven Mile beach which you can grab a taxi to (no ship excursion required). Grand Cayman is very safe, but rather expensive.

Cozumel is where we go to Paradise Beach. $12-$14 dollars one way for a taxi for 4 people. Free lounge chairs, table and shade. (they do ask that you drink and/or eat something)

And then ( if you want to) you can purchase a wristband for $9 to use their non motorized toys (kayak, snorkel equipment, iceberg, water trampoline, floats). Parasailing, jet skis and banana boats are also located nearby for rental if you are into that. Clean Restrooms and Showers etc. Great drinks and food. All safe to consume. Cozumel is safe and there is always a taxi to take you back to the ship.

Jamaica is the only port where caution is needed. Sadly, it is the only port where we still do a ship excursion when we are there.

Grand Cayman and Cozumel are both ports you can grab a taxi and do anywhere you want to safely. This is NOT the case with Jamaica.

Some tips:
1. Keep your watch on ship time. period. It does not matter what the port time is. If the ship sails at 6pm, it will sail when it is 6pm on the ship. If it is still 5pm in port, the ship does not care. There will be a clock as you leave the ship that will tell you exactly when time it is ...so make sure your watch is in sync with it.

2. Take about $50 in 1 dollar bills. This will come in handy to tip the porters at embarkation....tip the room service...tip the piano bar entertainer when he plays your favorite song for the 14th time...etc

3. The Conquest has an adults only hot tub in the spa/gym area. (it used to have a waterfall, I don't know it is still does) But it was a nice adult area (since you want to be away from kids). Don't be afraid to explore the spa area. The sauna, gym and hot tub are all free. The only thing in the spa that costs extra are things that require human intervention. massages, manicures, aerobics etc

4. Sarah will be your Assistant CD. She is a jewel. Not only a lovely person, but works hard to go above and beyond. Mark Price will be your CD and he is excellent as well. Chat with them when you get the chance.

5. Take an extension cord. There is only one electrical outlet in your room (I am not kidding).

6. Take a small cheap air freshner for the bathroom.

7. Order anything you want at dinner. 2 appetizers, 3 entrees whatever. Of course don't be wasteful, but don't be bashful either.
You get free expresso and cappicino in the formal dining room with lunch and dinner...where you will have to pay for them if you get them from the coffee bar during the rest of the day.

8. It is perfectly ok to carry on soda and water. Soda is not free on the ship and we always carry a couple of 12 packs. Of course, you can not carry on beer or liquor. A bottle of wine can be carried on. They may (or may not) charge you a cork fee.

9. The soda, water and mini bar in your room is not free. The prices are listed.

10. Last and most importantly, pack your most valuable item...a good attitude. I always say "I am on vacation and will act according and just roll with the flow". Short of the ship sinking...I will have a good time!!!

Have a great cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, conquest, critic, roll