First warning, be prepared for the addiction heading your way.
We don't do sub, string rays etc either. In Grand Cayman, there is a brand new Jimmy Buffet place that has a pool and water slide. There is also Seven Mile beach which you can grab a taxi to (no ship excursion required). Grand Cayman is very safe, but rather expensive.
Cozumel is where we go to Paradise Beach. $12-$14 dollars one way for a taxi for 4 people. Free lounge chairs, table and shade. (they do ask that you drink and/or eat something)
And then ( if you want to) you can purchase a wristband for $9 to use their non motorized toys (kayak, snorkel equipment, iceberg, water trampoline, floats). Parasailing, jet skis and banana boats are also located nearby for rental if you are into that. Clean Restrooms and Showers etc. Great drinks and food. All safe to consume. Cozumel is safe and there is always a taxi to take you back to the ship.
Jamaica is the only port where caution is needed. Sadly, it is the only port where we still do a ship excursion when we are there.
Grand Cayman and Cozumel are both ports you can grab a taxi and do anywhere you want to safely. This is NOT the case with Jamaica.
1. Keep your watch on ship time. period. It does not matter what the port time is. If the ship sails at 6pm, it will sail when it is 6pm on the ship. If it is still 5pm in port, the ship does not care. There will be a clock as you leave the ship that will tell you exactly when time it is ...so make sure your watch is in sync with it.
2. Take about $50 in 1 dollar bills. This will come in handy to tip the porters at embarkation....tip the room service...tip the piano bar entertainer when he plays your favorite song for the 14th time...etc
3. The Conquest has an adults only hot tub in the spa/gym area. (it used to have a waterfall, I don't know it is still does) But it was a nice adult area (since you want to be away from kids). Don't be afraid to explore the spa area. The sauna, gym and hot tub are all free. The only thing in the spa that costs extra are things that require human intervention. massages, manicures, aerobics etc
4. Sarah will be your Assistant CD. She is a jewel. Not only a lovely person, but works hard to go above and beyond. Mark Price will be your CD and he is excellent as well. Chat with them when you get the chance.
5. Take an extension cord. There is only one electrical outlet in your room (I am not kidding).
6. Take a small cheap air freshner for the bathroom.
7. Order anything you want at dinner. 2 appetizers, 3 entrees whatever. Of course don't be wasteful, but don't be bashful either.
You get free expresso and cappicino in the formal dining room with lunch and dinner...where you will have to pay for them if you get them from the coffee bar during the rest of the day.
8. It is perfectly ok to carry on soda and water. Soda is not free on the ship and we always carry a couple of 12 packs. Of course, you can not carry on beer or liquor. A bottle of wine can be carried on. They may (or may not) charge you a cork fee.
9. The soda, water and mini bar in your room is not free. The prices are listed.
10. Last and most importantly, pack your most valuable item...a good attitude. I always say "I am on vacation and will act according and just roll with the flow". Short of the ship sinking...I will have a good time!!!
Have a great cruise.