Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Hi need to verify if anyone else had had this happen. This is my 6th Carnival cruise (just booked it on Sept 4)and paid it in full since the cruise is in Oct. Everytime on prior cruises, if the rate dropped (same category) they let me have an onboard credit for the difference the price had went down. I have done this on 3 occasions. Well, I was looking one week after booking this cruise and it had went down a total of $80.00. I called Carnival for my onboard credit and they refused to give me one. I asked why not since they had always done it before. First they stated because my rate was "locked" (whatever that means) and then when I asked to speak with a guest relations supervisor, she told me Carnival had never done this. I assured her they had and she could go back and look at my previous cruises, than she said 'well I guess they made an exception"..She was rude and flat out told me NO! Not very pleased with Carnival right now ..Does anyone know their procedures now with the onboard credit thing? Did I mess something? Thanks for your imput..Not sure whether to call back and complain more. This is very frustrating since I did just book this 8 days ago!!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

That is because Carnival recently changed their policy for giving OBC if you find a cheaper rate. You now have 48 hours from the time you make the booking to claim a lower price. After that, you are out of luck. Read here
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Hi Dave,

I read that but thought it was talking about finding the lower price on a different website. I booked directly with Carnival. I just think it is poor customer service on their part if it was within the week and was booked directly with them. First time I was talked to so rudely by the supervisior, I told her I thought she was being quite rude to a past guest and she didn't care in the slightest. All she wanted to do was get me off the phone. I sure hope the cruise workers are better than their guest relations dept!!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:43 PM

also because you were fully paid, opposed to having a balance.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Actually that 110% thing is over a year old now that I think about it.

My understanding is the policy applies to all places where you can buy a cruise, even the Carnival website. A rule is a rule. They can't really allow you slack on the time deadline if you book with them, but not if you find a lower price on some other site, especially since Carnival did revise their booking rules on August 1st which restricts discounting or rebates by agents or other cruise sellers. In other words, it doesn't matter that you booked directly with Carnival.

Also - please don't use employee names in posts.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:14 PM

if you booked early saver program they will give you a credit. but you have to book like 5 months early.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Thanks for all the replys. I was just surprised at this since I had received onboard credits in the past even up to 3 wks of departure.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:10 AM
My cruise fare has been adjusted twice this year. we booked the early saver in Feb for the cruise in nov..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Well I guess that in order to get the credits now, it has to be early saver, which I am mostly last minute! Crazy new policy I think!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

Yes, in order to get price reductions (after your final payment)...you must book Early Saver.

However, if the price reduction is large enough (and cabins are available) even without Early Saver...you can ask for a free upgrade AFTER the final payment.

Carnival did away with OBC AFTER the final payment when they implemented the option of Early Saver.

Cruising is like airline tickets...the rates can change daily.....

Btw, I believe this has been in place for a year??? So...not a "new" policy....

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, credit, cruise, daily, day, days, fare, final, find, ncl, onboard, payment, price, upgrade, western