Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 11:45 AM

we are traveling with our 4 children and was wondering if people can share 1 beverage card. As we will be in 4 ports we will not be using the beverage card that much. Also, what kind of beverages can they get? Any virgin drinks? Thanks for the help. Gennine
Old 02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Administrator

The rules are that a soda card is only good for one person. You do have to put the person's name on the card and they sometimes check it against the person's cruise card. The bar tenders and waiters are usually quite strict about it and keep an eye out for people sharing cards. Similarly, the person with the card cannot order a round of sodas. One at a time is the rule.

However, I am sure that it happens.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:03 PM

Dave, thanks for the info. So they can only get soda with the card? What about bringing a small amount on and skipping the card all together. Will they let you do that?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Soda by the glass (poured from a can), fruit juices, and actually they will serve them Carnival's fruit punch too even though it takes some mixing (OJ, pineapple juice, sour mix, grenadine). This is my son's favorite.

They really won't say anything if you bring a small amount of soda aboard at the embarkation port. Actually, the soda cards are not especially cheap and I have come to question the value of them. A can of soda, with the 15% tip added, comes to $1.73. A kid's soda card costs around $30. That is a lot of soda to break even.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM

I'm with you Dave, you've got to drink a lot of soda to make it worth while and I can see myself getting heavily caffeniated trying to make it worth the money.

I've brought on a soda (those mini cans are great) or even a 6 pack of regular cans. You've got ice and glasses in your room you can use. The other nice thing about bringing a bit of soda with you is that you can choose your favs. I love the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper and I've yet to see a cruiseline that even had regular Dr Pepper.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM

I figured if I had to buy 4 (one for each child) there is no way they will drink $120 worth of pop. I agree, we will be bringing our own on. Thanks for the help. Only 47 days until our last family vacation with our oldest. Off to college he goes in the fall!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM

I just back from the Elation. I brought water, coke and diet Dr. Pepper in a suitcase and there was no problems. I brought those little cans and they worked great. I did see people sharing the soda cards. The waiters on the ship I was on did not check the name. You just flashed the card and that's all. But I'm sure there are waiters that follow the rules and check the names. I didn't get he cards for my daughters since we brought drinks. Anyway, it wouldn't have paid for me because my girls wanted virgin daquiris more!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mgkoop:
Dave, thanks for the info. So they can only get soda with the card? What about bringing a small amount on and skipping the card all together. Will they let you do that?
I have been on at least 12 cruises and every one we have brought our own cold drinks on we each would pack like a 12 pack of coke in our bags to bring on board. Also my father and brother would each get a coke card and any time i wanted a coke i would go and find them to purchase me a drink. Its definately not worth it for everyone in the family to buy a card.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:29 AM

Wife and I walked onto the Carnival Holiday each with a 6 pack of those plastic Pepsi bottles in plain view and no one said a word to us.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:10 PM

They allow you to bring on a small amount of soada and water. It is th alcohole beverages they prohibit you from bringing on, unless of course you sneek it by in your lugage

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, bring, card, cards, carnival, coke, cruise, cruises, drink, drinks, kids, sharing, soda, sodas, virgin