Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 AM

Look for the green apples up on the Lido deck buffet. If you don't see any don't be afraid to ask someone.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 AM
The do have pressure bracelets that you wear and they seem to work....21 cruises and I've never been seasick...The ships are so large now, that you don't notice much motion....But then again, everyone has a different tolerance level....you've received some good choices alredy...Just go and have a smashing good time...

Bob E
Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 AM

As you can see from the earlier posts, there are a ton of solutions both medical and natural.
Quote:
If that fails, take 6 shots of tequila and forget about everything.
Although this sounds like a joke, if you drink alcohol, consider this option as well.

Many who get seasick do so because of the feeling of the ship's swaying or rocking. Alcohol tends to calm the nerves and affects the cerebellum causing varying degrees of imbalance, depending on the amount of alcohol consumed. Psychologically speaking, your body would be tricked into thinking the rocking or swaying is due to the alcohol buzz instead of the ship and you would not feel seasick. Instead you'd feel the pleasant buzz and really enjoy yourself.

Incidentally, when I sailed the Carnival Ecstasy one in the past, every crew member who gave us an introductory tour finished with "Thank you everybody...enjoy your cruise...enjoy your booze."
2002-Carnival Ecstasy-Baja Mexico
2003-RCCL Soverieign of the Seas-Bahamas
2004-RCCL Legend of the Seas-Mexican Riviera
2005-Carnival Paradise-Baja Mexico
2006-Disney Magic-Caribbean
2007-Carnival Elation-Baja Mexico
2009-Carnival Spirit-Mexican Riviera South
2010-Carnival Paradise-Baja Mexico
2012-Carnival Splendor-Mexican Riviera
2013-Carnival Miracle-Alaskan Inside Passage
Old 04-27-2009, 09:50 PM

Hi! New to cruise chat and not usually a poster, but I thought I'd share my experiences and my sister's as well.

I'm very prone to motion sickness and it's getting worse as I get older as well. My first cruise I tried dramamine and that didn't work at all, but found Bonine in the first port and it worked a couple of nights. The last night it seemed to stop working since I was sick as a dog again. So with my last cruise I tried the patch. I absolutley loved it! Didn't feel a thing at all!

Now my sister has a pretty tough stomach. She got a bit queasy and tried the bonine the last night and she felt fine on that first cruise. On the second she started straight off with the Bonine and was fine, but we didn't realize until later that her excessive sleepiness was probably due to the pills. She stopped taking them and was fine through the rest of the cruise.

Now the only thing I can say for the patch, I may have had one side affect or it could have been I was extremely tired from all the fun we were having, but on the second to last night of the cruise I guess I started "snarfling" in my sleep (remember Thunder Cats?). I guess I also was making weird faces and flailing one of my arms. She thought the whole time I was awake and was joking around, but her laughter woke me up and it was obvious I had been really sleeping. Oh well, either way I'll be taking it again on my next cruise. If nothing else it makes a great story just wish I had it on video tape.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 AM

Hi mizzkittikat, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Great story that would have made a great video Where are you going on your next cruise? What ship will you be sailing? Hope it's a fantastic one and that the seas will be calm. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
apple, carnival, comparison, cruise, ecstasy, green, halifax, motion, paradise, people, remedies, review, reviews, sea, seasick, sick, sickness