Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 07:30 AM

we have one boy, age 12. we live right outside of nashville in Hendersonville. what age are your twins? I saw a great testimonial of the cave tubing on Cruisereviews.com. It had pictures and everything. Honestly, we would be nervous going in a small place like that and having to wear lights on our head, other than that, they all have rave reviews about it. They booked it themselves too and said that was the way to go. As far as Grand Cayman, it was probably 7 or more years ago. I can only remember it was definetly cheaper than the ship's excursion price (as is everything). We might take our son on it if it is still the same. It was about a 30 minute ride. We saw lots of tropical fish. They had a shipwreck under the water to look at and then a diver came in and fed the fish.....again you have to be okay with small enclosed places. 6 more days!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Tn, the twins are 17. Talking about cave tubing I am nervous about the experience really just the unknown and a fear of a language barrier but all the videos look so fun I'm throwing caution to the wind.And I know where Hendersonville is believe it or not a friends' parents live there.We are going down to Tampa Saturday morning and staying in Palm Harbour so that we're rested not worn out from the long drive I know you can relate but 11 hours in a car with kids is wearing on the nerves the ship wouldn't have enough colorful drinks to subdue me if we drove straight threw!!ha ha ha
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM

we are lucky enough to fly to tampa from here instead of drive but we are coming down on saturday also, we are staying at a radison resort on the bay. I'm like you, I'd want to try the tubing also, but the rest of the family is saying NO WAY...You mentioned that you have a daughter, she wouldn't happened to be my son's age would she? Having a friend in advance would be cool.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

It so nice to see people from my area posting to this board! Welcome lacynelson1964 and TN!

This is Dave the administrator....just a few miles away in Athens, AL.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 PM

Dave, Thanks for the welcome!!with you being so close I expect really good cruising tips.Ha Ha
Old 05-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Tn, yes I have a daughter she's 13 but not going on this trip, this is more for the big kids, she tends to not like lots of sight seeing and snorkeling and last time we took someone to watch her for us so we could stay out later and enjoy adult activities and even though she's 13 now we still wouldn't feel comfortable letting her just walk around the ship unattended.The boys are 6ft tall 250lb football players they're harder to steal or harm.LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Dave, Have you ever cruised on the Legend?Or been to the ports of call (Grand cayman,Belize)any good tips you can share.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 AM

Dave, thanks for the welcome. It's fun to talk about cruising! TN
Old 05-22-2007, 04:59 AM

Too bad your daughter's not going but I totally understand. Your boys shouldn't be hard to spot then, are they identical? I'll stop and say hi if I see you. Thinking about that submarine, the one I'm talking about was fairly small, they might be uncomfortable, but hey, if they can go cave tubing, what can't they do, right!?!?!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Tn, that's hilarious but your right if they can fit their big butts in a plastic black tube they should be alright I got on-line and did some research about the bubble sub I bet that's the one it looks small but the web site said it was out of service for awhile so Atlantis is the only other one I saw in Grand Cayman and it seats several people at a time.The boys are identical,but usually don't dress alike. Our deck is the one right below Lido I think Panorama I don't have the tickets right here.I just hope the comedians are funny the food is great the drinks are strong the shows are fabulous the weather is hot and the laughter doesn't stop for 7 days. This is a vacation we've well earned and waited for.

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, 27, action, activities, adult, captain, carnival, cruise, legend, reviews, sonya