Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 06:00 AM

Is there anybody out there booked for this cruise. This is our second cruise and we can't wait plus if you've been on this ship would also love to hear from you.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

Sadly, I am not on this one. However, I just read a review from someone who just returned and if you are into karaoke...Sonya seems to be the Karaoke Host to have. They were raving about how much fun she was!

Also they said the cruise in general was great.
Have a wonderful time.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

We were on this ship a few weeks ago. this was our third on the legend.The ship decor is a little gaudy when you first see it but you will get used to it.We had a great cruise,the service was excellant, the food quality was great. The shows were good, about the same as any other cruise ship. The Captain, I think his name was Volpi, was the best Captain we have ever had, he was always around the ship and took part in everything that was going on, very friendly. It is a really good crew, even the wait staff in the Lido Resturants were very good.I can't say enough good about the crew and service on this ship. I know it has since moved to Tampa, but I think most of the crew will remain the same. Enjoy! Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

P.S Click onto cruise reviews, I THINK YOU WILL LIKE WHAT YOU READ THERE. Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
We were on this ship a few weeks ago. this was our third on the legend.The ship decor is a little gaudy when you first see it but you will get used to it.We had a great cruise,the service was excellant, the food quality was great. The shows were good, about the same as any other cruise ship. The Captain, I think his name was Volpi, was the best Captain we have ever had, he was always around the ship and took part in everything that was going on, very friendly. It is a really good crew, even the wait staff in the Lido Resturants were very good.I can't say enough good about the crew and service on this ship. I know it has since moved to Tampa, but I think most of the crew will remain the same. Enjoy! Tom
I LOVE Captain Volpi...and not just because he bought hubby and I drinks! We have sailed with him many times and he is so engaging. The last time we sailed with him was on the Pride and he could be found almost every day at lunch walking through the formal dining room asking passengers how they were enjoying their cruise.

I was telling him about all the rave reviews he has gotten on several cruise boards and he never could find them on the net...so I emailed him copies so that he could read them for himself!

Glad to hear he is still making fans!!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:20 AM

Yes, my family and I are booked on this one. Can't wait..8 days and counting down. Did you book any shore excursions? We're not sure what we want to do yet.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 AM

TN,
I'm responding on my husband's chat we booked cave tubing in belize but not through the ship it's way cheaper to do your own research and book through a reputable company,is this your family's first cruise?We've been to Cozumel and Costa Maya so we already know where and what we're doin there(SNORKEL and SHOP!!!in Cozumel in Costa Maya Pez Quadro is like being in a Corona commercial just breath taking and relaxing but our teenagers love it there to.But Grand Cayman is our big excitement and unknown.We've got 7 days maybe we chat back and forth until time to go and exchange ideas.
amanda1971
Old 05-20-2007, 05:49 PM

actually, this my 7th cruise and 3rd with a kid. In the past, we've been to Cozumel and snorkeled on our own right there close to the ship. It cost $7 to rent gear. I just didn't know if they still have that there. Never been to Costa Maya or Belize. The zoo in Belize sounds interesting, except the hot 45 minute drive that I keep hearing about. I've been to Grand Cayman once and we did one of the cheap submarine rides. I remember it was walking distance, but you can't be clostophobic. sp?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 AM

TN, This is our second cruise.Last time we took our sons, and our daughter we all had so much fun we were hooked.That was 5 years ago.Our sons graduate high school 5/25/07. And as their gift they wanted a cruise(we gave them no argument our decision was alittle self serving)This time it's just my husband,myself and the twins. You said in Grand cayman ya'll did the cheap sub how cheap? That's what they want to do other than seven mile beach and Jimmy Buffets for lunch!I want to go to sting ray island but the others are think I have a death wish. What are the ages of your children?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 AM

Oh! by the way what part of Tn are ya'll from we are from Alabama(Huntsville)and the reason I asked about your kids if they're older cave tubing in Belize is what every chat has recommended that's why we're doing that we booked through cavetubing.com they've responded to all our questions via e-mail and when our computer crashed they even called us to answer the rest. It's $50 per person includes the bus ride(air conditioned)and luch and snacks,which was cheaper than the cruise line at $90 per person with no lunch.

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, 27, action, activities, adult, captain, carnival, cruise, legend, reviews, sonya