Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Hello everyone! I have been trolling around here for a while, but this is my first post. I am a total newbie when it comes to cruising. My Fiance and I are going on the Valor on June 3, 2007 (less than a month whoo) We are getting married on St. Thomas, which is our second stop on the cruise. We took a guaranteed balcony room and ended up with a 8C catergory in room 8244. I am told this is a pretty decent room, and that i should be very happy with it considering i took the guaranteed option. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for my future wife and myself? Ok, thank you in advance and take care.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Flammie,

Hello and welcome to cruise chat! You have an outstanding cabin with an unobstructed view. You can see the cabin here:
http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.d...ipId=190&deckId=1401

You are port side and aft, (left and toward the front), You are close to the elevators but not close enough to hear everyone talking when they get off. Looks very good to me. I know there are some die-hard Carnival fans here, so wait a little and you will see some posts that will be very helpful.

Chef Ken
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Congratulations Flammie and welcome to cruise-chat! It sounds like you and your bride are in for a marvelous adventure. You'll love the balcony room. Be sure and have room service bring y'all breakfast, and have it on the balcony. If you can get up early enough, it's wonderful to watch the sunrise. I don't know what time your wedding is going to be, but if you have time take the ferry to St. John and the cab to Trunk Bay. It is one of the most awesome beaches I've ever seen. What other ports are you visiting? I do hope you're planning on flying in the day before the cruise so you'll be rested and ready to go. If you have any specific questions, please ask away and we'll do our best to help. Best wishes!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Banned

Welcome to Cruise-chat!!

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. While we have not sailed the Valor yet, we have sailed on one of her sisters and we had a wonderful time.

Enjoy your balcony ...
Old 05-08-2007, 05:31 AM

Wow your cabin looks AWESOME!!! I promised myself a balcony on the next cruise. Enjoy your trip. I am a cruise virgin, so i can't really offer advice yet...but I got plenty of excitement for you!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Flammie-8244 is in a really great location. We are trying the Gauranteed Balcony option on our cruise on the Victory next year. I hope we will be as lucky!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Flammie,

Hello and welcome to cruise chat! You have an outstanding cabin with an unobstructed view. You can see the cabin here:
http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.d...ipId=190&deckId=1401

You are port side and aft, (left and toward the front), You are close to the elevators but not close enough to hear everyone talking when they get off. Looks very good to me. I know there are some die-hard Carnival fans here, so wait a little and you will see some posts that will be very helpful.

Chef Ken
Just a little correction Ken, Aft is the rear of the ship and Forward is the front, So Port side Forward is where this cabin is. And it will be marvelous.

Flammie, Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding. You are both in for a great treat, if you are new to cruising you have the right site to find useful and fun information. Be sure to leak that you are newly weds to EVERYONE on the Valour especailly your Waiter and Steward. Be sure to fill out all the stuff in your cruise packet. There will be an extra card for St Thomas, Having these done ahead will help in boarding quickly. You did do the fun pass at the carnival site I hope? If not do it now.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Hello again guys! Thanx everyone for all the responses. Well, i feel better now that everyone agrees that we did good with the guaranteed room. Each day that goes by we get more and more excited!! Yes CruiseDad, we completed our fun pass on the Carnival site. And Penny, we are actually flying into Atlanta the day before the cruise because my fiance has family there. Then the day of the cruise we are going from Atlanta to Miami. Other than St. Thomas we are going to St. Maarten, and Nassau. Our wedding is scheduled for 10am, but they reccomended that we dont make any plans for shore excursions or anything else that day just in case. We may just wing it the rest of the day depending on how much more time we have after the wedding. But thanx again everyone for all the info, i will be sure to put up some pics when we return.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
Just a little correction Ken, Aft is the rear of the ship and Forward is the front, So Port side Forward is where this cabin is. And it will be marvelous.

Thanks cruise dad, You are absolutely correct. I don't know how I slipped on that one.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:41 PM

Congratulations Flammie and Mr. Wonderful. You'll have a Fantastic time. I wish you many years of Health and Happiness. I've never been in the Carnival Valor, but if it's anything like the other Carnival ships you won't be disappointed. Enjoy.
Sandy p
Costa Atlantica 2/2002-- 2/2005----Magica 2/2006
Concordia 1/2008
HAL MS Zuiderdam 9/03
MS Zaandam 1/04
Sun Princess 9/05
Royal Caribbean :
Majesty of the Seas 11/01
Sovereign of the Seas 12/02
MSC Orchestra 1/09
Ru** Princess 10/09

Read and post cruise reviews