Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 06:42 AM

So I've got my first cruise coming up on the Fascination soon (the Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami itinerary), and was wondering if anyone here had any particular shore excursions they recommend, particularly for Cozumel.

Also, I heard that anyone who goes ashore at Key West must take buses off of some sort of base the ship docks at. Does this mean you *HAVE* to be on an excursion to go ashore there? I've heard Key West is one of those great towns where everything in the downtown area is within walking distance, and I was wondering if I could just do that when I'm there. Or are the excursions really the best bet on Key West too?

Any info would be great. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aoumd:
So I've got my first cruise coming up on the Fascination soon (the Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami itinerary), and was wondering if anyone here had any particular shore excursions they recommend, particularly for Cozumel.

Also, I heard that anyone who goes ashore at Key West must take buses off of some sort of base the ship docks at. Does this mean you *HAVE* to be on an excursion to go ashore there? I've heard Key West is one of those great towns where everything in the downtown area is within walking distance, and I was wondering if I could just do that when I'm there. Or are the excursions really the best bet on Key West too?

Any info would be great. Thanks!
There is a complimentary Conch train that takes you from the Naval dock in to town. You then can be on your own to do as you please.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:

There is a complimentary Conch train that takes you from the Naval dock in to town. You then can be on your own to do as you please.
Thanks for the info! That really helps for Key West.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Aoumd. When is your cruise? I leave on the Fascination on September 17th. Enjoy your cruise!

Old 09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Aoumd
There are lots of things to do there. Depending upon what you like to do. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are very popular because Cozumel has some of the most beautiful and active coral reefs in the world. On the leeward side of the island, a series of coral reefs hug close to shore. Most are better reached by boat, though not far. There are many variations on excursions involving snorkeling and scuba, going to different areas of the island by different modes of travel -- deluxe and roughing-it. You can even take a taxi to most of the destinations on your own. Most of the beach clubs rent snorkeling equipment. Excursions come in different levels of activity whether you want to exert a lot of energy or relax. There are excursions to ruins on the island and Tulum on the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula south of Playa del Carmen. Of course, there is San Miguel, the main town in Cozumel, which is the hub for shopping and dining. Check out the details on Cozumel to help narrow down your preferences so we can help you get the best information about what you like to do.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

There is so much to do in Cozumel, you cannot do it all in one day. You have to pick what you most want to do, then plan to go back on another cruise. It can be addicting.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vacationbound:
Hey Aoumd. When is your cruise? I leave on the Fascination on September 17th. Enjoy your cruise!
I'm going at the end of October. Hope you have a great time in 2 weeks and please let me know how your cruise goes!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 AM

In Cozumel I would go to Chankanaab Park. At least when I was there (this was several hurricanes ago) it was a spectacular botanical, archeological and snorkeling park. The admimission price was reasonable as was the cab ride from the ship.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SuzyCruise:
Aoumd
There are lots of things to do there. Depending upon what you like to do. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are very popular because Cozumel has some of the most beautiful and active coral reefs in the world. On the leeward side of the island, a series of coral reefs hug close to shore. Most are better reached by boat, though not far. There are many variations on excursions involving snorkeling and scuba, going to different areas of the island by different modes of travel -- deluxe and roughing-it. You can even take a taxi to most of the destinations on your own. Most of the beach clubs rent snorkeling equipment. Excursions come in different levels of activity whether you want to exert a lot of energy or relax. There are excursions to ruins on the island and Tulum on the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula south of Playa del Carmen. Of course, there is San Miguel, the main town in Cozumel, which is the hub for shopping and dining. Check out the details on Cozumel to help narrow down your preferences so we can help you get the best information about what you like to do.
Thanks for all the great info. If I could be even more excited for this cruise I am now :-).
Old 09-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

I'm glad to help. Now you can narrow down your list and people here can help to advise you about the differences, details and firsthand pros and cons, so you can maximize your enjoyment.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, cruise, dock, excursion, excursions, fascination, gear, key, review, reviews, ship, snorkel, snorkeling, west