Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Well, I wanted to report back to all of you about my first cruise. We did the 4 nighter to Key West and Cozumel on the Fascination.

Things I Loved:
- The ship was spotless, absolutely spotless.
- The food was better than any four star restaurant.
- The staff were some of the nicest people I've ever met.
- Our stateroom was immaculate, comfortable and big enough.
- The shore excursions were great. I parasailed and did the Sea Trek.
- I never got seasick, even in choppier seas.

The Best Advice From You All:
- Wear a towel around your neck for the life boat drill. That was excellent advice considering all the people that had the same life vest around their neck at one time or another.

What I Didn't Like So Much
- I never saw so many drunks in all my life.
- The music on the Lido deck was WAY too loud.
- The shows at night were also too loud. I wore earplugs.
- I didn't like not knowing what time it was. Clocks in the cabins would be so helpful. My cell phone clock was all messed up.

All in all, I had a really good time and would go again in a minute. Thanks for all the good advice.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 06-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Welcome back Doulabug, glad to hear you had a great time. Thanks for the review as well.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome back! The Fascination is a nice ship. I will be sailing to Nassau on her for the third time in about two weeks.

Yes, a LOT of people on there that like to drink.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM

Welcome back Doulabug. I am glad you had a great time as well. I just want to comment that I have noticed more partiers on shorter cruises also. And not as many on the 7 day ones.

IslandCruz
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM

Island Cruz, I'm glad to hear that there are not as many partiers on the longer cruises because I may go on the Valor next January to Belize, etc... for 7 days.

It is amazing. I'm home for two days and already planning my next one!

How is the Valor? I can't imagine a nicer ship than Fascination although that was my first cruise and what do I know.

This cruise chat was so helpful and I really appreciated what I learned here.

Thanks again!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM
The Valor is very nice too.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM

doulabug, Have not been on Valor as Larry has. I have been on her sister ship Glory. And was very nice. Valor is approx. 1/3 bigger than Fascination. I always start planning right away too. It helps with the post cruise back to reality thing

IslandCruz
Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Glad you had a good time. We are taking that exact cruise leaving next Monday. How was getting on/off the ship at the ports??
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 AM

Kellymo, that was another one of the things I liked. Getting on and off was pretty easy. There are lots of people of course, but I thought it went quickly. Immigration was even quick. In Cozumel, don't buy one of those handmade hats made from palm leaves - they don't let you bring them back to the U.S.

Watch out for Senor Frogs in Cozumel. Two teenagers in our group had shots of liquor literally poured down their throats. Apparently they blindfolded the kids, sat them down and forced their mouths open to pour it in. Maybe for some people it would be fun, but if you don't like that kind of thing, beware!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 AM

Welcome back doulabug, it sounds like all in all you enjoyed your cruise. The best thing for the disembarkation blues is planning your next one, which I see you're doing. Usually, the longer the itineraries, the less drunks there are. We normally do a 10-14 day itinerary. I think the main reason is the cost of getting drunk over 7 days is a good deal more than 4 days. Plus, you tend to get a little older clientelle. Don't let that scare you, the demographics are still a good mix, especially to the Caribbean or Mexico. One of your cruises, try Princess or Holland America, they tend to be less party oriented, but still a great cruise. Best wishes!

Closed Thread