Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 AM

If it were just one child in a booster seat I think I would take it, but with the three I'm hesitant. If we were going to be in a rental car for a week then I would definately take them. Maybe we should look into taking a shuttle from the airport. Does anyone know if Carnival provides ground transportation from the airport to the ship? I see that going from the ship to the airport we can arrange transportation as a shore excursion. I'm afraid that any of the shuttle companies from the airport would use a van and then we would be in the same position as using taxi - needing booster seats.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Ok let me get this
Are you going to take excursions?? Are you planning to go to with those booster seats in those excursions?
I don’t know but for me it looks like over packing for example here In PR is law to have car seats but the use of boosters seats is not need it and for al I know I believe they rent those at the airport or the taxi guy will know how to get one because If he travel without it he is the one that get the ticket not you…
Old 04-23-2007, 02:31 PM

inman-

To answer your question, yes, the cruiseline offers bus transport to the port from the airport. But it is pricy compared to a taxi. My advice is to call "Super Shuttle" and explain to them your problem. Ask them how they handle it. I am sure they have run into this before. Call around and you can find cheaper transport than the ship's shuttles.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inman:
We will be traveling on the Fantasy out of New Orleans in June and will be bringing our three young children ages 6, 5 and 3. (This will be their second cruise but we drove to the port last time.) We are planning to take a taxi from the airport to the ship and are wondering if we should bring the booster seats. This and the ride back to the airport are probably the only car trips we will take and the thought of lugging three booster seats on and off the ship does not appeal. Does anyone out there have experience with this?
Inman,

I have not sailed out of New Orleans but when we flew to Orlando and taxied to Port Canaveral,a good long taxi ride, I searched for taxi via the web, many advertised booster and child car seats. Since we were all adults I don't know how it works but I assume you arrange in advance and tell the service your need and they supply it. Not that it matters, but we were very pleased with Orlando Taxi and the owner driver: Marty.
Perhaps by searching for taxi/limo service in New Orleans you can find a taxi with what you need. I certainly would not want 3 booster seats on the ship.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 AM

Yeps, as Ken pointed out there is a generation and I being one that rode in station wagons and truck beds as kids.

So some responses may be a little skewed thinking over protection. Speaking of protection..oops the phone rang.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Once again, the voice of dissent will speak.

We cruised with our son many times when he was in car seats or booster seats. We would never think of driving a short distance near our home without the seats... so why should one by a taxi driver be any different?

We still went on shore excursions, but left the car seat on the ship and used buses rather than vans or cars. Before booking a shore excursion, we inquired as to the type of vehicle being used. There was another reason for not taking cars -- many in the Caribbean did not even have seat belts, so a car seat was out of the question anyway.

Another thing to remember is that belt-positioning booster seats that are typically used by 5 and 6 year-olds are not cumbersome. These use the car's existing seat belts rather than built-in straps. Of course, they also can't be used with anything other than a shoulder belt, so you might end up in two cabs to/from the airport rather than one, unless you reserve a van.

Just some thoughts from one who's been there numerous times...and one who also bounced around in the back of a station wagon and thought it fun at the time.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, booster, bring, car, carseats, child, cruise, laws, limo, orleans, seat, seats, service, taking, taxis, vacation