Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 04:16 PM

We will be traveling on the Fantasy out of New Orleans in June and will be bringing our three young children ages 6, 5 and 3. (This will be their second cruise but we drove to the port last time.) We are planning to take a taxi from the airport to the ship and are wondering if we should bring the booster seats. This and the ride back to the airport are probably the only car trips we will take and the thought of lugging three booster seats on and off the ship does not appeal. Does anyone out there have experience with this?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 AM

Pack them in your luggage or leave them at home, I hope im not in the cabin next door to you Kalo Taxidi
Old 04-22-2007, 06:38 AM

inman,

First off, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I don't know if you are speaking of Car Safety Seats, or Booster Seats for the Dining Room.

I am sure one of our Members will know the answer

IslandCruz
Old 04-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Hi inman, and welcome to cruise-chat.

We cruised with our son when he was in both the car seat and booster seat stages. We always brought the seat with us. When he was under 2, we used the car seat on the plane, but as booster seats are not FAA approved, you will have to check those. You can check them with your luggage, or at the gate. Of course, the latter means you'd also have to lug the seats around in the airport, but perhaps the kids can help with that.

Once on the ship, you can store them under the beds. If space becomes an issue, ask your cabin steward for assistance. (BTW, are you in one cabin or two?)

I always say that safety doesn't take a vacation. If it were me, I'd take the booster seats, just as I would on any car ride.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM

I'm talking about the booster seats for the car.

We will be staying in two Cabins. As the Fantasy doesn't have any connecting cabins, we got adjoining ones. Dad and the boys in one and my daughter and I in the other. I've cruised alone with the kids and knew that we would not be comfortable trying to fit a fifth into the room!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Thanks, inman. With two cabins, you will have no problem storing three booster seats.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:06 PM

What about using the car seats/booster seats while in Mexico - like in the cabs - transporting on the shore excursions???? What are your ideas with traveling with toddlers in other countries. I mean it's a law here...how do we travel there?

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 AM

My question is- Where are you going to find a taxi that can take 2 adults and still have space for three car seats? If you are going on a bus, I don't think the car seat law applies. Not sure of a taxi. But even if you brought them, I don't know how you would fit them into a taxi. With both of you and your luggage.

I would not worry about storing them once you get to the ship, but the hassle in bringing them is a bit much.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Good point about trying to fit all those seats in the average cab. Most taxis in Mexico are small cars - Toyota Corollas or the equivalent.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM

I would leave the car seats at home. The US is the only place that I know of where they are required.

There is a generation of folks on the forum who stood in the back seat on vacation trips or laid on the floor of the station wagon or even rode in the back of pick-up trucks for trips to the store and survived.

To Steve, fortunately you are not representative of most Brits and so I will not judge your entire nation with it's phony monarchy, by you.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, booster, bring, car, carseats, child, cruise, laws, limo, orleans, seat, seats, service, taking, taxis, vacation