Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2005, 02:39 PM

Trying to budget my trip, does anyone know how much drinks are on board? Beer and cocktails.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:08 PM

This is an excerpt from another post in this forum - but it answers your question:
"Domestic Beer $3.25 / Imported Beers $3.75 and up / Coolers and Breezes $3.50 / Mixed Drinks and frozen cocktails $3.75 - $5.00 / wine (by the glass) $4.50 - $6.50. Drinks in souvenir glasses are more."
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 PM

We were just discussing this. We got a bottle of non alcoholic wine for some non drinking family members and it was $22. We ordered the drinks in the souvenier cups and they were $5.50 whether there alcohol or not. If you are a drinker I would definitely prepare in the budget
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-12-2006, 08:02 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I am Canadian.

Are the prices quoted all in US dollars?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:16 AM

Yes, those are US dollars. You can get a bucket of beer and get a little discount. I have a Carnival Caper from when I went on the Miracle. A souvenir glass was $6.25. You can ask for the drinks in a regular glass and get it cheaper. Or if you want the initial souvenir glass then asked to get it refilled. That way you aren't collecting (and paying) for 10 souvenir glasses that you would probably end up leaving in your room for lack of space in your luggage. They also have drink specials of the day. For instance a "Yellow Bird" in a regular glass special of the day $2.95. Don't forget they add on 15% gratuity to drinks.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Thanks Cruise Fanatic... I'm used to all-inclusives... never in a million years did I ever think I'd be on a Cruise. From what I've been reading, I'm going to have to be very stealthy and learn to "smuggle" some contraband onto the ship to save some $$$. LOL
Any advise for a first time Cruiser?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:59 PM

I like to get to the pier early. Ofcourse that will depend if you are flying in and what your flight times are. I try to fly in the day before if possible. It's much more relaxing. Although your documents may say boarding doesn't start until 1PM, I can't remember the last time I wasn't already onboard by atleast around 12Noon. The first thing I do is go to my cabin and drop off my carry on luggage. Then go up to the Lido deck and enjoy my first meal. After that get a ship map and explore the whole ship from top to bottom. You would be surprised how some people don't realize until the end of the cruise where that little seafood stand is on the Conquest class ships, or that there was another lounge on the bottom deck, or that the buffet has different food in different areas.
Be sure you read your daily Carnival Caper so you know what is going on at what time. You want to do it all on your first cruise, but you can't.
Take some long sleeve things. Air conditioning in the dining room and lounges can be cold. On a seven night cruise there are two formal nights. You will see all kinds of dress that night from dressy slacks and top to the sequin dresses and tuxs. Other nights are resort casual probably like what you wore at the AI.
At dinner in the dining room if you see two things on the menu you like, don't be afraid to ask for two entrees. And if you get something that you don't like, or isn't cooked proper don't be afraid to let your wait staff know. The same with your cabin, if you want or need something, just let them know.
Gratuities are automatically put on your onboard Sail and Sign account. But take lots of ones and smaller bills to tip baggage people and pay for taxis.
Don't know who you are traveling with, but if you are traveling with your husband, then take a credit card opposite from what he is taking (and leave the others at home). That way if one of you loses your wallet or purse you have the other one as back up.
Don't wait until 5-10 minutes before a show to go look for a seat.
Hope some of these tips have helped. Have lots of fun.
In the
Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM

Thanks Cruise Fanatic
You sure gave a lot of helpful information. If I have more questions... I know where to come for help... the people here at this forum are great
Old 01-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Hi Gardengal,

Thank you for the compliments about this forum! We have a very friendly, helpful, and experienced membership. The best on the internet, in my view. No fluff and silly messages here. After all, the subject is cruising!

Welcome to cruise-chat and cruisereviews.com!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:37 AM

Also keep in mind that besides the cost of the drinks (which are a bit pricey) there is a 15% gratuity added to each drink, so a 12 oz can of beer will cost about 3.75 and if you want a bottle it will be about a dollar more. However you can have the pursers desk remove the gratuity from your sail and sign bill.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, conquest, coquest, cruise, drink, drinks, formal, night, nights, prices, ship