Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Hey guys, Has anyone used the in room safes? Would you trust them to leave your money in while on excursions? I have never used them fearing the staff would know the combinations. Anyone had good or bad luck with these?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfamilycruisers:
Hey guys, Has anyone used the in room safes? Would you trust them to leave your money in while on excursions? I have never used them fearing the staff would know the combinations. Anyone had good or bad luck with these?
We use it every time we cruise, and have no qualms about it. We've never had anything stolen from our cabin - even if it was laying out. The only way to "break in" would be to bust it open with a crowbar or to get the "master key" which is accessible by only select personnel. I wouldn't worry about it. What else are you going to do? What have you done in lieu of using the safe....carried everything with you? If so, that is more risky than leaving things in the cabin.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:04 PM
I have never, and I mean NEVER heard of anybody losing anything out of a cabin safe. Yes, an upper-level purser can access the safe--but that's only in case you forget your combination. And you have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get them to open it--for you!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Don't know how the staff would know the combination....unless you told them:-)...18 cruises and have never...never...ever...lost anything from our room....On our last cruise, we came back to the room and there was a very neat pile of money ($400) to be exact, on table...the money had fallen out of the safe and fell behind the TV....our room stewardess, found it and left it neatly piled on the table....not a cent was missing...but I did give her a new crispy $20 for being so honest...
Rest easy...your money and jewels will be safe.
Happy Sailing.

Bob E
Old 06-10-2007, 01:08 PM

Okay, this makes me feel much better! I will use the safe this time! Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM

I have used the safe everytime I have cruised and have I lost any thing from it or left out in my room. Also the safes that have been on the Inspiration, Victory and the Triumph. You do not have a combination for them you use any card with a magnetic strip. You can use a drivers license, credit card, room key or even a library card. But the card that locks the safe is the only one that can open the safe.
Feel at ease using the safe. And enjoy your cruise.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 PM

I use the safe all the time and never have a problem. I lock up all my documents, travler's checks and jewelery etc., and the cruise becomes worry free.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

I store my jewelry, our travel documents/passports and other valuables in the cabin safe. I've never once had anything missing or stolen. You're belongings will be safe. No need to worry.

A'ndrea
Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
You're belongings will be safe.
A'ndrea
I agree. I can add that one of my belongings - ... my bank account - is more safe when all ship-cards are closed in the safe.
It's a pity you need one of them to get out and in the stateroom ...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:48 PM

In all of my cruises, I also have never had anything stolen from my cabin. I lock up my cellphone, housekeys, passport and excess cash. However, I leave some cash out in a drawer. I only take modest gold/silver jewelry with me and do not lock this up.

Cabin stewards face immediate discharge if even a suggestion of thief is reported. More than likely what they get in their tips at the end of the cruise is more than what they will get out of your safe, cabin or jewelry. Therefore, there is no motivation to steal.

The cash I leave out of the safe is usually kept in a drawer so that it is out of the way. I use a sail and sign card from a previous cruise for the safe.

Leave the Rolex home and relax.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)

Closed Thread

Tags
big, card, carnival, cruise, imagination, key, ms, room, safe, safes, sail, ships, sign, stateroom, zaandam