Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 01:26 PM

We are leaving on the Glory Jan.13,2007 and would like to know the "real" time the ship starts boarding. All th info says 1:30 pm but we have been onboard as early as 11:30
Old 12-10-2006, 09:45 PM

Hey Papa Jim,

Unless something unusual happens have always been on board by 12.

This last cruise was unusual because was Elation that was not usually ported at PC, but still was on by 12:45.

There were still people getting off at 11:30 and the cabins were not ready untill after 1pm.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 AM

Hi papa jim - We sailed on the Glory 09/30. We left the Radisson (which is right by the port) at 12:00 and when we got to the terminal, there was a line....people has already begun to board. You can probably get on at 12:00, but usually they will not guarantee your room is straight until 1:30ish. Hope this helps

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 12-11-2006, 11:02 AM
I sailed the Glory once out of Canaveral. It is an excellent port. I arrived about 1PM and there was no line and we were on board quickly. I can only assume that the reason was those waiting to board had already gotten on. they must have started early. My suggestion is if you can get there early, say noon, and be ready to wait in line if they aren't boarding yet. The sooner you can board the sooner the FUN starts

Caribbean Activities & Attractions
Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 PM

I was on the sensation at 11:45 October 2006 with a complete turkey dinner and my first beer...watching all the people lugging their luggage thru the parking lot from the Lido Deck. I was the fith person to Board.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Turkey and beer? Really! Now there's two things I would have never thought of putting together. But I'm sure willing to give it a try.
By the way MrOctober, I love your sly wink-wink nudge-nudge sense of humor; are you by chance a Monty Python fan also?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Administrator

I wasn't aware that Carnival served a full turkey dinner on embarkation day. Can you expand on that a bit?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:21 PM
I sailed on the Victory in April 2006. I flew down the day before and rented a car. Carnival opened the door
to the Cruise terminal at 11:30 but gave us a note as we passed thought security with words to the effect of
"Even though we are letting you on the ship before our offical bording time, your room might not be ready, so please wait until 1:30 until going to your room"

In reality, you can go to your room and drop your luggage if the room is not ready. When I arrived, The room was locked, I opened it and it was all made up. The room steward came by and introduced herself, but did not kick us out of the room.
All of the rooms to be made up will be open and look like a mess. If the door is locked and looks made up when you enter, then you are laughing
Old 12-12-2006, 02:29 AM

Yes Dave, It is true about the Turkey

They had it on Glory last year. Did not see it this year on Elation. If they are going to serve it, they do it early in the day. They have it at the inside lido at the carving section.

And I might add this is not processed turkey, this is a huge bird roasted to perfection. It had to be in the 30 lb. range. Sliced and served to your liking as you pass thru. And I also noticed the Chef/Carver said "welcome aboard", which was unusual. Later when I went back to get some dessert it was not there.

All I can figure is sometimes they have extra Turkeys, or they are giving first boarders a treat and special welcome? I dunno. It was some tasty turkey.

As a good citizen, and considering the time of day, I waited untill after the Muster Drill to have a beer
Old 12-12-2006, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I waited untill after the Muster Drill to have a beer
what a whimp....

Yes Dave Islandcruz is exactly right it was a big Bird. as soon as I got on the ship. the only problem is a half hour later I was so tired I had to go lay down for 20 min before the muster drill. They served it on the lido deck at the carving station and it was the best food I had on the whole trip. I heard a lot of people commenting on it.

Closed Thread

Tags
bearding, boarding, canaveral, caribbean, carnival, cruise, embarkation, forum, place, port, ready, requirements, room, royal, time, times