Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 06:20 AM

I went on the Conquest on 4/23/2006. I wanted to buy the DVD that they sell that has all of the passengers being silly. Can anyone tell me how I could get my hands on a copy?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 PM

My husband is Comedian Ventriloquist Marc Rubben. You may have seen his show when you were on the ship? Are you trying to get a copy of the video that was made during the time you were on the ship or just any of the video's they make? I may be able to get Marc to get you a copy. He is still on the ship every other week. Let me know.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Sommer- They sell the video at the end of the cruise in the photo shop. Its called the "Travel Log". Sometimes the performers will sell a video of the show they do with the passengers involved (that's what Connie is referring too) (And yes, Marc's show is a hoot)

I don't know if you can contact Carnival and get a DVD for your cruise still or not, its worth a try. We bought ours because the videoman went on the Snorkel/Stingray excursion with us, so there was a lot of video of us on it. Its really much easier than doing it yourself and you get video that you would not be able to take yourself.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the positive comment on Marc's show Jim! Actually, I was referring to the Travel Log, not one of Marc's own DVD's. He is not able to video each of his shows, and he is not allowed to sell his videos onboard the ship. Marc is friends with the folks in the AV department and may be able to get ahold of the travel log from that specific date if that is what you are looking for. Just thought I'd offer that as an option. Let me know if you want me to ask him about it Sommer.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Sommer, I had my husband ask the AV guy on the Conquest about the Travel Log. They only keep the past three months worth of logs so yours from last April is long gone! Sorry.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:53 AM

Sommer and conniei28,

We plan to sail on the Conquest in May '07. Please give me a detailed review of the ship. The rooms, beds, showers, food, don't leave out anything.

Connie, will your husband be on the Conquest sailing May 13th? I've heard he is really good!

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:47 PM

Annies, The ship is beautiful! It amazes me that there can be so many people on the ship, and yet you can still find a quiet place for two for a little romance on a deck in the evening. I can't say much about the guest rooms as I stay with my husband in his room. He tells me it isn't as nice as the guest rooms, even though I think it's nice. He has taken a memory foam mattress on the ship for his bed since he is there every other week, so our bed was great, but guests won't have that. Our shower and bathroom was sort of small, but not bad. The service is great and all the staff are very nice and always looking out for what you need. We mostly ate in buffet dining or in the crew area, (Marc wanted me to meet his crew friends) We didn't eat much at an assigned table at dinner time, but regardless the food is great! Too bad so many people waste so much food. We ate at the Point Supper Club once and it was very nice, but the food was way too rich for me. I've had the pleasure of experiencing both the guest life on the ship and the crew life. I can't wait to go on again! Marc is on the ship every other week, but he entertains all passengers since he joins the ship halfway through one cruise and stays onboard for the beginning of the next cruise so he'll surely be on board some time during your week on the ship. Be sure to check the capers to find out when he performs. He does a great show! Have a great cruise!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:30 PM

conniei28....thanks so much! We are all looking forward to the May cruise, and will definitely see your husband's show! It must be great to get to mingle with the crew and see both sides of cruising! Does Marc have a video of his show on a website? We could get a sneak preview! Thanks again!!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Annies, Yes,it is. I can't wait to get back on the ship again soon. Marc does have many video clips online that you can get a sneak peak of what his show is like. His website is www.dummytalk.com There are video clips on there to see. Also if you go to www.youtube.com and type in his name in the search area "Marc Rubben", you'll see many video clips there. He's also in a contest right now on www.ziddio.com where he's hoping to win a trip to the HBO comedy Arts Festival next month in Aspen. He'd get to perform at the festival if he wins and be on a new reality tv show. It would be great if you'd register on that site and vote for him.

Have a great cruise! Be sure to go up to Marc sometime when you see him and let him know you met me online.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dvd, marc, rubben