Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM

Ok, I am trying to keep busy and get half organized for the trip and trying not to obsess BUT I can't seem to get my mind off our cruise. We are going in 2 1/2 weeks and sometimes I feel I am going to go crazy with anticipation. I also have some regrets that we shouldn't have spent the money then the euphoria comes again and I can't wait again. Crap, it's like the waves on the sea - up and down, up and down. I think I am part of the ocean but live onland as a form of torture. LOL. Is it just me? Or is this the way other people are?
Thanks.
Lexy
Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LexyLovesCruisin:
Ok, I am trying to keep busy and get half organized for the trip and trying not to obsess BUT I can't seem to get my mind off our cruise. We are going in 2 1/2 weeks and sometimes I feel I am going to go crazy with anticipation. I also have some regrets that we shouldn't have spent the money then the euphoria comes again and I can't wait again. Crap, it's like the waves on the sea - up and down, up and down. I think I am part of the ocean but live onland as a form of torture. LOL. Is it just me? Or is this the way other people are?
Thanks.
Lexy
I concur, I have 2 1/2 days left and it is no better the closer you get. I can't sleep well at night. At this point I always go through the "what have I forgotten to pack and which airport are we flying out of"(I live between two metro airpoorts)and always fly from one or the other depending on who cheeper.This is our 8th cruise and I'm sill afraid I will fly off without the cruise tickets or passport....
Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Lexy, your malaise is pretty common, although you do seem to have an advanced case.
Sorry, there is no known cure.
The only thing that will relieve the symptoms a little is booking as many cruises as far in advance as possible. This way, you have so much to think about, you can't really concentrate on anything.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM

My goodness, I hear ya, but I still have almost 2 months left till I leave, , { April 14th } but it is something to look forward to I guess. Have a great sail.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks. And you all have a great time too.
Yes, it IS something to look forward to. However, the other day I came to the realization that life is just living in between trips !!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
That's true, but the trips give you a better perspective on the life in between.
It's like work; work is something to keep me occupied between trips (although I do happen to like my job); without the job, no trips--without the trips, nothing to look foreword to except work.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:04 PM

i have only 2 concerns. Let the flight be on time and now snow in Toronto and have no problem with US immigration.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 02-08-2007, 12:15 PM

I absolutely agree f-mattox.
Thanks.
Lexy
Old 02-08-2007, 12:18 PM

We worry about the flights and immigration too. Plus we worry about the kids missing school (I have talked to the teachers) AND our pets (Although we have people coming to look after them).
We will have a great time, though, and can't wait.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:41 PM

I am waiting and at this point in time it is an endless tunnel with no light in sight. (You don't see tickers on my posts!) It may not be until fall!

What is that choking sensation, ah can't breathe...false alarm, I have been cruise-free for over a year and it is not a pleasant experience!

Is this an addiction?

Closed Thread