Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Pt Canaveral early embarkation/soft drinks (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/27040-pt-canaveral-early-embarkation-soft-drinks.html)

miki76 06-11-2006 06:32 AM

I've been able to get on early with RCI and HAL. Carnival is telling us 1:30, does anyone have luck getting on early?
Is a 6 pack of soda considered a small amount that you can carry on?
Thanks all

miki76 06-11-2006 06:32 AM

I've been able to get on early with RCI and HAL. Carnival is telling us 1:30, does anyone have luck getting on early?
Is a 6 pack of soda considered a small amount that you can carry on?
Thanks all

Charley 06-11-2006 08:03 AM

We have alson gotten to the port by 11 and have gotten right on the ship. Only once have we not been able to go to our room right away. They tell you 1:30 but we have always been on the ship by noon.

We also always take pop on the ship. Usually a 12 pack though. We just put it in our carry on bag and they never say anything.

Hope this helped you.

peachcrek 06-11-2006 09:35 AM

you never know how early, we have gotten on board by 12 noon, other times by 1 or 2 it just depends how fast they unload the debarking pax and customs has a lot to do with it if there are foriegn pax they have to clear customs first and if all pax bills are paid another factor, and you can bring on a case of soda they allow a 12 pack per person also wine is allowed we brought a couple of bottles on board with no probem and I know that beer is also allowed, just not hard spirits

Charley 06-12-2006 05:56 PM

peachcrek
I know you are aloud to take soft drinks but where did you hear about taking beer on the ship??

peachcrek 06-13-2006 02:01 PM

we took beer on board in the ports they let us on with 1 six pack per person, there was a hugh party of 30 people in line with us in nyc and they had a whole suitcase full of hennekens

miki76 06-24-2006 08:24 AM

We just returned from the Sensation and we took 12 packs of soda as well as wine in the checked luggage. No problems at all. We also got there around 11 and were sent right on the boat, not even a line. They sent us to our rooms to put down our carry ons and then right up to lunch.

Billy in FLL 06-24-2006 10:43 AM

Hey,

I usually get to the pier around 11:15 or 11:30. Check my bags and get on the ship by 12:00. "Peach" does make a good reference to customs. And I have also posted information on this, if you are not able to get on the ship early, it is customs, not CCL holding up the ship. If you have no problems getting on early, go up to the Lido Deck (as lunch is served)and look over the railing at the people fighting crowds. It is quite humorous. Wives yelling at poor hubby's. Hubby's rounding up kids and porters with their hands out. Quite a show. Hope I helped.

Billy

Dwayne 06-24-2006 02:35 PM

I agree as have sailed out of this port many times. I have been able to get through all the check-in and actually be on the ship and eating lunch by 1pm. They have a great lunch, and on Glory last year they had fresh roasted whole turkeys right out of the oven and slicing them to your preference! You can get a table on Lido beside the windows and watch all the Buses and People comming to check in. As far as Soda I don't know, I drink only caffiene free diet and usually take 6 in my checked luggage as I drive there and no problem for weight. I would think if is reasonable there would not be a problem, But I have never went through check in and the scanner thing with more than 2 bottles in my back-pack.

It is a whole different world now than my first cruise on the T.S.Carnivale from Port Canaveral.

Back then the check in let my cruise partner slide because he forgot his birth certificate, and then the screener scolded him for having an opened half big bottle of vodka..Her exact words were..you know you can't bring this, but We will pretend we didn't see it..Have a Wonderful Cruise! I sure miss those days!

IslandCruz

shelby 06-26-2006 05:27 AM

We waited (1st cruise)until 1:30. Waited a little..not too bad... but when we finally got our stuff to our room and found the lido deck..the lunch buffet was almost over and it was practically time for lifevest mtg. i was a ttle frustrated that I found some people had been on since morning and even the ship tour was scheduled actually before the official embarkation time.