Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 AM

I know this has been discussed before. But we have taken 5 cruises and never taken out the cruise insurance. Should we. Shouldnt we. I am confussed. I think I am throwing my money away. but then maybe not. pros? cons?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 AM

Don't worry Neil...I won't say a word!!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 AM

yes i would you never know when something might happen.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 AM

Cruising without insurance.. hmmm. well it is sort of like going on an airplane without a parachute. Chances are you won't need it, but there is always that lingering chance...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 AM

I always get insurance. You can go to Insuremytrip and it is very reasonable. It is not worth the risk to go without. Just make sure it doesn't have a preexisting condition clause if anyone in your party has any health issues. God forbid that you had an emergency and needed to be moved out of the country. My mom has had to file 2 insurance claims on trips in the last year. You just never know!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 PM

lol PA Steve, you show great restraint. You're welcome to your point of view, I respect difference of opinion. I'm just sometimes very vocal about mine, no offense.

macmom11, there has been some spirited debate over the subject. I'll simply say, if you purchase it I hope you truly are wasting the money. If you ever need it for something serious you really need it. It's typically at or under 10 cents on the dollar for outside, very good coverage. My opinion remains that it's the best peace of mind you'll ever buy. But it is just that, my opinion.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Hey Neil, I am looking at TravelGuard do you have any other recomendations?

IslandCruz
Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Going on my first cruise in December, Fantasy and booked on Empress deck. I would also like to know where to get insurance and any comments on The Fantasy will be welcomed! Will be driving to New Orleans , where is a nice place to stay and where should I leave ny car? Lots of questions! :-)
Nina54
Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 PM

Try www.quotewright.com
You can pick from different companies and different levels of coverage.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-30-2007, 01:27 PM

IC, I've been busier here at work lately and missed your post. I use CSA Travel Protection, but I'm biased, it's what I offer here. I am also consumer though and have and will continue to use CSA. They've been very great at handling my clients and paying claims. Most here will refer you to www.insuremytrip.com and it is a great place to compare policies and coverages from multiple providers. The only thing about that is, some coverages on there are different than the ones we provide through the agencies. By being able to provide the mass $$$ in volume policies we get different policies I understand. The ones on the website above I understand are a little different. Called "flex plans". The policy I buy/offer is called a Comfort plan. It's affordable 100% coverage, includes pre-existing condition coverage if purchased prior to final payment due date (or at the time of booking if booking a cruise already in penalty).

I know from being here there are other good ones, I just have no first hand experience or knowledge of the others.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, cruise, insurance, live, opinion, reviews