Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 AM

Hello, I am traveling on the Elation for New Years. I am wondering two things. How is the food on Elation? Second, will Carnival have something special for New Years Eve?
Thanks for the help anyone
Old 12-01-2008, 06:36 AM

Hi Military Lady, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The food on every Carnival ship I've been on has been great. You have to try the chocolate melting cake it's fantastic. This will be our first new year's cruise, so I don't know what all they will do for us. We've been on a few Christmas cruises and they've been fantastic. I assume we'll have some sort of a count down and maybe a champagne fountain. I am really looking forward to it! We'll be in the warmth of the Caribbean for the new year, what a way to start it out! Hope you have a fantastic cruise! She's a great ship, great crew, and although it's been a few years since we sailed her, she was easy to get around. Happy Holidays and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I am so excited about this cruise for my oldest daughter. She is 17 and returning from Boarding School in Italy. She will finish in Dec. 08 with no graduation or prom. It is okay because she has lived in Italy for the past 1.5 yr. As I have stated with my username, I am in the US Military. I have been to quite a few countries, but I think cruising is the way for me and her. How about the Refurbishment of the Elation. Did this take place?

Thanks again for replying. I am happy to soak up any information I can get.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 AM

I am not sure about the refurbishment, hopefully Dwayne will be around soon. He has all the up to date information, or Dave. How exciting to have been able to attend school in Italy. That's a true educational experience. I know that you and your daughter will be hooked on cruising, it is such a magnificent vacation. I like being able to unpack once, visit different locations, get an overview, and experience the local cultures. That way, if something really fascinates me, I can return and spend more time. It's a great value, too!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:15 AM

Hi Military Lady, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

We are glad to have you join us!

And Congratulations to Penny upon making Cruise Commodore!

Quote:
I am not sure about the refurbishment, hopefully Dwayne will be around soon. He has all the up to date information, or Dave.
I don't think that is accurate regarding me, but I will do my best.

The last refurbishment was in April 06. The next one is scheduled for 2/26/09-3/11/09. I'm pretty sure they will complete the "Evolutions of Fun" with this drydock.

Regardless of the refurbishment, I will say that this is one Fun Ship that knows how to throw a special occasion party! The Halloween party was awesome! I am sure you will have a blast.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, carnival, cruise, elation, eve, refurbishment, special, years