Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 AM

Hi,

We just came back from a Western Caribbean cruise on the Legend. We had a great time! Didn't see any whales though.... nor dolphins. But I did see flying fish which were spectular! I always spend a lot of time on the balcony looking out to sea in the hope of seeing something unusual.

I think we saw a faint silhouette of the Cuban coastline in the distance but I'm not sure that it wasn't our imaginations playing tricks on us. We certainly didn't get close enough to see anything clearly.

Two tips I would like to offer for the Legend. Do treat yourself to a visit to the Golden Fleece Restaurant! This was the finest food I have ever eaten on a cruies - filet steaks that melted in the mouth! We loved it so much we went twice! Secondly, and on a less pleasant note, take some toilet bowl cleaner with you. Ours stank from the time we boarded (so it was nothing to do with us) and we just couldn't get rid of the smell. Other cruisers had advised me to do this in the past but we forgot this time and deeply regretted it.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:33 AM

Thanks, the supper club is on our must do list. Did you book as soon as you boarded or did you wait a bit. we were thinking we may wait because some of our table mates may want to do it also and we could go as a group. But I have also heard it books up early and we dont want to miss it.
also we are planning on taking a power strip with us. with 2 women getting ready at the same time, using blow driers and curling irons, one of us usually is having to wait on the other.
Do you know if it is a 2 or a 3 prong plug?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 PM

I take a power strip with me all the time. . . .3-prong plugs on the desk in the cabin.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Yes, is 3 prongs for the outlet at the desk. I usually need to have a few things plugged in at once as well.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
amfm, caribbean, carnival, close, cruise, cuba, dolphins, power, prong, radio, receive, ship, stations, strip, work