Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Is it best to book shore excursions through Carnival's website or wait until I get on board?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:39 AM

I have never booked an excursion through Carnival. We have fun touring without a huge group. There will be companies/people at the port who offer the same tours, only cheaper and with less people per group. Three years ago we went snorkling with the stingrays in Cayman. There were about 16 of us (adults & children. The cost was about $18 per person. The guide had a small yaught/boat(I can't spell it). He took us to a store (by boat) to purchase snacks and food for the stingrays. He was very attentive to everyone, especially the children (6, ages 6-14). I always try to do my own thing, but you will find sites where people use companies other than Carnival to book their tours and save a lot of money doing so.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 PM

That is so cool, my byfriend and i will be on the same cruise. We are looking to do excursions, but not with Carnival. There are so many tour companies at the dock with the same tours only cheaper
Old 05-02-2006, 01:56 PM

If you do decide to book an excursion - and the others are correct, it is cheaper to do it on your own, through Carnival then I would do it with the website before you sail. You have a better chance of getting what you want. Remember that they are 'first come first serve...'

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm baffled about which is the best course for excursions. If anyone knows--how much difference in cost is there for excursions booked online vs. on site?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 AM

Don't know that, I've done both. Got a great deal in Cabo once not booking on Carnvial. You have to go with your gut. Going to Grand Turks in a couple weeks, I booked a submarine excursion thru Carnival because I really really want to do it. So didn't want to take chances if this was the only game in town.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:31 AM

We've done both through the ship and on our own. It is a little less expensive to go through shore excursions, but so far, the excursions I've booked through the ships have been well worth the money. We did an awesome sail/snorkel in Bon Aire last year. We sailed back and were about 20 minutes late. The ship had to wait, because we booked through the cruise line. That's one thing you are guaranteed, if you book through the ship. They have to wait, otherwise, they'll leave. I also like the fact that when I book on-line before we cruise that I can get the excursions I want. Have a wonderful cruise!

Closed Thread