Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 AM

A lot of the cruises through September and October have had significant price drops! I don't know if this because of all the storms causing a drop in last minute bookings or what. Mine had been going up steadily prior to the storm activity. Now it is significantly lower. I have been issued 2 OBC's and 1 multi-deck upgrade. I just wanted to pass this along to everyone here who could benefit.

Dwayne
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM

Great!! and Congrats!!

What did you do, just call Carnival and have them check? I always book directly through Carnival, instead of using a TA.

I can't really check their website, because we are able to get the Inter-line rates, and they don't publish those rates!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Just today, I received an e-mail from Princess for a 7 day Vancouver to LA repositioning cruise departing Sept 20 - - -$399 pp. It makes me so angry I can't take advantage of this... I've been getting all kinds of short term offers from different lines -
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
What did you do, just call Carnival and have them check? I always book directly through Carnival, instead of using a TA.
If you have a PVP with Carnival, call them and ask. Mine was based on the Past Guest rates. It was actually more than that because I was locked in for the $5 fuel supplement and slightly lower taxes. So that ate up some of my OBC by switching to the new rate and supplement of $9. It was still worth it. I only mentioned September and October though. Good Luck!

Dwayne
Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

My PVP called me just before we left for our Ecstasy cruise to let me know he would be crediting our credit card for $140.00 on our Freedom cruise in November. woo hoo

We have enough OBC on that cruise with the Stockholders OBC and using one of our Milestone Rewards 25%. I did not want any more on there....so I was glad he could credit the credit card.

Our PVP is wonderful about watching that for me. Once I book, I never check the price again.
He monitors it for me and adjusts accordingly!!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Our PVP is wonderful about watching that for me. Once I book, I never check the price again.
He monitors it for me and adjusts accordingly!!
You are lucky. I have to keep monitoring mine myself and telling them. Every little bit helps now a days.

Dwayne
Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM

Our TA had got us an upgrade earlier, plus some onc. She just checked our 2009 cruise with HAL, it has dropped also.
It is nice to sit back and let the TA do the calling.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 AM

They offered to refund my credit card too. I already have everything settled with the credit card I used so I told them I preferred the OBC. I'm sure I'll have no trouble spending it quickly.

This option is a little risky though, as the OBC's are non-refundable and for that cruise only. They made a point of telling me that. Whereas, the refund is in your pocket so to speak. I think the next time I'll take the refund. I learn something new everyday.

Dwayne
Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM

I just checked the prices for the Carnival legend. they have dropped the prices 100 dollars per person. they gave us an onboard credit we are now back to a guarantee cabin like we originally booked. to me it is a win win situation. cant get any worse then what we were expecting when we originally booked.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM

No luck here! I still have a lower price for our November cruise than what is out there now. Oh well. It's still a bargain!

I am curious to know who your PVP is LHP! What a great one you have!! I'm jealous

Closed Thread

Tags
book, carnival, cruise, obc