Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 03:12 PM

i pay up front for tips ok . but i still tip the maid lady. and the waiter , is this right? . or i dont have to tip them ? how to they know if you payed up front for tipping?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:12 PM

i pay up front for tips ok . but i still tip the maid lady. and the waiter , is this right? . or i dont have to tip them ? how to they know if you payed up front for tipping?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Unless you tell the pursers desk NOT TO, Carnival automatically adds tips to your onboard account at the end of the cruise for the cabin attendant/waiter/assn't waiter. You can always give them extra on your own. The Maitre'd doesn't get automatic tips. Tips are added to each drink you purchase also. If you want to do all of your tipping yourself,except for drinks, tell the pursers desk and they will/should remove the automatic charges.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 11-14-2006, 01:20 PM

Tncruiseman is right. What I did, I went to the Purser's desk a couple days after the start of the cruise. I told them I did not want the tips tacked to my bill, so they gave me envelopes, so we could tip however we wanted to. This way if you want to tip one person more than another, you can.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gary albert:

Hello Gary, My daughter works on a cruise ship as a dancer. She usually does not get tips but knows how it works. The "tip" that is part of your folio ($7/day) gets split in a predetermined format. You can and I did once tip extra through the purser and the people you direct it to will know that you gave it. HOWEVER, sometimes the purser messes up. The waiters and anyone who treated you well much prefer cash the day you leave. you know they got it, they know they got and you get the thank you and the smile. Cash is King. What ship are you on? My daughter dances on the Liberty out of FFL.

CruiseDad
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM

Yes, I agree, giving cash is the best. I know they say you don't need much cash on the cruise, which is true, but before I leave home, I always try to stash a little cash ($1/$5 bills) away. This way when I get the envelopes, I can give how ever much I want to, to whom I want to.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
Hello Gary, My daughter works on a cruise ship as a dancer. My daughter dances on the Liberty out of FFL.

CruiseDad

Just a side note to say I hope your daughter was not affected by the norwalk outbreak they had.

As far as the tip thing, it is a nice convenience not to have to "worry about it". It is all taken care when they charge it to your sail and sign. We do tip extra during the cruise as we use special services (like room service) and requesting songs at the piano bar or buying drinks for the karaoke host...but all of that is your choice.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, tipping, tippping