Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 PM

My family and i will be taking a 5 day cruise to the caymen islands and cozumel. This will be my first cruise and i'm looking forward to it!

Our cruise is scheduled for October 4th 2010. On Carnival Inspiration.

I'm 20 years old and wondering if there will be anything for people my age to do. I'm a little too old to hang out in the arcade, and not yet old enough to get a drink at the bar.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 AM

Hi jbwinterringer, welcome to Cruise-Chat! There is tons to do on board. They have activities scheduled that attract all ages, there's the pool, the spa, the gym, and depending on the ship could be golf and/or basketball, video arcade, plus two beautiful ports you'll be visiting. There will be others your age on the ship. They have clubs for dancing, too. I think you're going to have a marvelous time!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 AM

drinking at the bar is OVERRATED. no need to worry about what there may be to do.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jbwinterringer:
My family and i will be taking a 5 day cruise to the caymen islands and cozumel. This will be my first cruise and i'm looking forward to it!

Our cruise is scheduled for October 4th 2010. On Carnival Inspiration.

I'm 20 years old and wondering if there will be anything for people my age to do. I'm a little too old to hang out in the arcade, and not yet old enough to get a drink at the bar.
And don't miss the Spa. I don't reccomend the massages, especially if you get one routinly at home, as they will probably dissapoint and are expensive. BUT the steam room, the sauna the weights the exercise equipment is all FREE, You can exchange your sail and sign card for a locker key, and then swap back so you can work out, use the sauna and shower, and still change back to cruise clothes after.

Watch for trivia games in any of the lounges, Are you good at sports, or music, these games can be really fun and a good place to meet others. Like to play pictogram? That will be there too. Or go to the game room and just see what's happening. Do you play Bridge or majoung? Get in the game. Read the Fun Times for what's to do. (Fun Times is the daily paper left in your stateroom or you can pick one up around the ship)
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM

I appreciate you're prompt comments everyone!

Even if i can't drink on the ship i plan to have a great time in cozumel finding my way to cheap but awesome bars. Question : will they let me back on if i'm drunk? haha..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM

Yes, they'll let you back on as long as you're not late. It's best not to be drunk as hangovers are not fun, plus you won't be able to experience your ports if you're in a bar.

Remember, you will be in foreign countries, too. The laws are not as liberal as ours. The police in Cozumel carry AK47s and they don't play around.

You don't have to be blitzed to have a good time.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM

I think the Mayan ruins might be a little more awesome if i've got a buzz going thats all.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Even if i can't drink on the ship i plan to have a great time in cozumel finding my way to cheap but awesome bars. Question : will they let me back on if i'm drunk? haha..
I'd be very careful with that. They might let you on the ship, they definitely won't hold the ship for you if you are late. I've witnessed many people getting carried away at Carlos and Charlie's and missing the ship.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Hi jb,

I think what everyone is saying here is getting a buzz on and actually doing something like the ruins in Cozumel is one thing but to get totally wasted is another. You don't want to ruin your trip by doing something stupid (missing the boat or irritating your family). Unfortunately some bars go out of their way to get people as drunk as possible so don't get caught up in that trap(shooter lines for example). You are visiting a beautiful port, enjoy it! Have a great time!

B
Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

Getting drunk in Grand Cayman is probably not an option because it would cost you a fortune.... LOL

Cozumel (the legal drinking age is 18) and I suggest a fun (but controlled) day there.

My oldest son went through this stage, since we cruise a lot (and cruised many times when he was at that awkward 18-20 age). He would always find a group to hang with and have a blast.

Now he is 22 years old....on his own (and while he does drink) he has found he can have a great time without getting drunk.

He is a fast learner....one morning of having to put his foot on the floor to try to stop the bedding from spinning was enough for him!

As he tells it ... now he is the hair holder...not the holdee!! LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
18, age, carnival, cozumel, cruise, cruising, drinking, elation, inspiration, limit, mayan, october, port, reviews, ruins, there