Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 PM

I am assuming (bad me...) that by having them book air WITH the cruise, that we won't have to worry about airline arrival, transfer or embarkment -- in a perfect world-- We are coming from Idaho, and have a very long flight before we embark on Jan 1, and any info would be helpful. Thx!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm not sure who 'them' is, but if you booked your flight with the cruise line then yes your transfers will be included in the fare. Your TA should have explained this to you.
Have a nice time.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:53 PM

Will you be flying in a day early or the same day as the cruise? How long a flight is it from Idaho? If you booked your air with the cruise line than transfers and embarkation will not be issues - but air travel in January always makes me nervous (of course coming from Cleveland you understand why).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 PM

You will want to check with your travel agent and find out if your airfare was booked through the cruise line or independently. If it was booked through the cruise line then you are all set. Since you are coming from Idaho, you are probably flying on the day before your cruise departs or else taking a night flight. (I don't think you could make it from Idaho to Florida in time on the day your cruise departs.)

If you are booked through the cruise line, a cruise line representative will meet you in the baggage claim area of the airport and tell you where to go and what to do. (On the off chance that a cruise line representative is not at the baggage claim when you arrive, there is usually an information desk in the baggage claim area and they can tell you where to meet your cruise represenetative.) If arriving the night before your cruise, the cruise line will put you up in a hotel and then get you to the ship the next day. They will also return you to the airport at the end of your cruise.

If you are using airfare booked independently, then you are responsible for your accomadations and transportation. (To find out about the hotels near the airport, use Tripadvisor.com.) If I am not mistaken, Carnival Liberty departs from Ft. Lauderdale. If you fly into Ft. Lauderdale, it is pretty reasonable to take a taxi from the airport to the port. If you fly into Miami, you are probably better off finding the Carnival representative and purchasing transfers on the Carnival bus.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but there is a good chance we'll be embarking on the same ship M4T. My family and I port out on the 1st as well on the Victory (from Omaha, NE).

Closed Thread

Tags
embarkment, fort, lauderdale, tips